Supplements?

Options
I am relatively new to strength training and am just wondering about the use of supplements to help in building muscle. I have a healthy diet, lots of protein... and am working out with a trainer 3x per week.

I'm curious about supplements. Do they work? If you were to recommend one supplement to aid in muscle build, what would you recommend?

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Be prepared t be bombarded by Beach body coaches offering to sell you stuff. ????
  • cassanova792
    Options
    They are called supplements for a reason - they supplement your diet. Ideally you want to fuel your body with real food. As such, the only supplements I take are supplements that would otherwise be hard for me to get the daily recommended doses in food form i.e. creatine, omega 3,6,9 in respect to my Macros. I also take a multivitamin but i do it more for ease of mind than anything else.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Creatine is the best supplement you can take. it has more studies/science to back it up then any other supplement on the market.
  • rauljg42
    rauljg42 Posts: 30
    Options
    At minimum...whey protein and creatine to build muscle.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    If you're eating well and getting enough protein, you already have the supplement thing covered.