No Sugar April

Options

Replies

• tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    So, for the month of April I am giving up ALL sugar. That is right no carbs, vegetables, fruit, honey, evil added sugar, etc.

Looking for like minded sugar free types to join in the fun....

who is in??!!

Well I have just done the whole month of March sugar free, it was easy, so I'll sign up for another month.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    No ™

Trademarks remain property of Crankstr, Inc, and are used only to directly describe the products being provided. Their use in no way indicates any relationship between the poster, and Crankstr, Inc.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    So, for the month of April I am giving up ALL sugar. That is right no carbs, vegetables, fruit, honey, evil added sugar, etc.

who is in??!!

I will join you and raise you. I will also give up all starchy carbs. So only protein and fat for me. I can't wait to see how this transforms my body!

ok i'm going all in.

im giving up food and doing a water fast for the month of april.

this is awesome guize! i cant wait to see results!

Hmmm I don't know.....maybe this is a bit extreme?

it's just for a month.

people are different....this will work for me but it might not work for others.
    i dont want any negative comments.
    dont worry about my decisions and plz jux do what werx for u.
  • thyme4
    thyme4 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    About a year ago, I did give up sugar for a month with the exception of lactose - that kept cheese and yogurt in the mix. I did not worry about the minuscule amounts in veggies, but No fruit, no alcohol, no added sugars of any type. After one month, my cravings for sweet things were gone, I had lost weight while still eating fats and other types of carbs, and my energy levels were much improved. It isn't easy because you really can't fall back on processed/packaged anything, but for me it was worth it to break a pattern. Today, I still limit my sugar consumption to 30 - 35 g per day, less than that if I am not working out.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I would, but it would be really tough to do with my No Protein April. Sorry. :frown:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

who is in??!!

I will join you and raise you. I will also give up all starchy carbs. So only protein and fat for me. I can't wait to see how this transforms my body!

ok i'm going all in.

no bro, water fasts are dangerous..

giving up all sugar is more sustainable...

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

I'm pretty sure this whole thread is sarcasm.

I am pretty sure my whole life is sarcasm....
  • ndj1979
    Options

who is in??!!

ok i'm going all in.

no bro, water fasts are dangerous..

giving up all sugar is more sustainable...

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

hmmm so you missed the sarcastic response to the original sarcasm? whoops....
  • buzybev
    buzybev Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm in! This will go great with the water cleanse I'm starting today.
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Options

who is in??!!

tumblr_m9ongiMxjr1rtqyx2.gif

ps: you **** starter you :p
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

who is in??!!
    Status of diary : open
    Status of roll bread : too obvious

Jealous of tenderloin dinner though.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Good luck, just beware of the sugar your liver produces!

I'm giving up food starting with Q in Swedish this month, I'm in for a hell of a ride.
  • KatissimusDorsi
    Options
    I've been completely sugar free for YEARS but for some reason my pesky blood glucose levels REFUSE to go down to zero. I don't want that POISON circulating throughout my body!!!!

I can only imagine how much worse it was when I was still eating fruit like an uneducated fool.

I'm also trying to purge my precious muscles of their evil glycogen stores with intense intervals and weight training, but the stuff keeps finding its way back in!! Any advice?
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I was almost believing this was true until I remembered biology from school and that I'm pretty sure you would die without sugar.

April fools!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I've been completely sugar free for YEARS but for some reason my pesky blood glucose levels REFUSE to go down to zero. I don't want that POISON circulating throughout my body!!!!

I can only imagine how much worse it was when I was still eating fruit like an uneducated fool.

I'm also trying to purge my precious muscles of their evil glycogen stores with intense intervals and weight training, but the stuff keeps finding its way back in!! Any advice?
    Dialysis!
  • ndj1979
    Options

body wrap...works like a charm..
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Oh I am!!!
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I was almost believing this was true until I remembered biology from school and that I'm pretty sure you would die without sugar.

April fools!

I actually have a higher brain function on zero sugar...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    NDJ, I wish you luck. FYI - You will have no friends left. Except this person below. You deserve each other. Enjoy drinking water as you stroll through a Dewey meadow together.
    About a year ago, I did give up sugar for a month with the exception of lactose - that kept cheese and yogurt in the mix. I did not worry about the minuscule amounts in veggies, but No fruit, no alcohol, no added sugars of any type. After one month, my cravings for sweet things were gone, I had lost weight while still eating fats and other types of carbs, and my energy levels were much improved. It isn't easy because you really can't fall back on processed/packaged anything, but for me it was worth it to break a pattern. Today, I still limit my sugar consumption to 30 - 35 g per day, less than that if I am not working out.

so you are going to disown me bro?
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    My family and I have given up processed sugars and most processed foods,we don't eat out or get fast food either. I will not give up natural sugars from fruits though. I already watch my starchy carbs and keep them to things like sweet potatoes verse white potatoes.etc.