p90x help please

fitinyoga14
fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
So I was wondering, which dvd in the p90x program burns the most calories? I know that it may be hard to tell, but I'm looking to see what the people with heart rate monitors have to say. note: I do not own one.

Thank you!!

Replies

• AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    I've found that I burn the most with Plyometrics...however I am only on Day 16 and havent even done all of the DVD's yet. The others wont come until the 2nd month. Tonight was my largest burn so far (663 calories in 58 minutes on Plyo) It really is hard to say because as I get stronger and am able to do more, my burns go up...I am still improving, but Plyo has consistently burned the most for me.
  • i don't have a HRM, but i know i get the best workout and my heart rate is up the most with Plyo and Kenpo. i did Legs and Back today though and my heart rate was up A LOT during that one cause i really brought it in the pull ups and squat sequences. i really wish i had a heart rate monitor!
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Plyo X...runner up is Kenpo X. The only 2 workouts of the bunch where I burn over 400 calories (and I busted my butt every single day). Plyo X is generally around 600 cals, and Kenpo X close to 500.
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    PlyoX Cardio X and Kempo are your main cardio workouts. Doing Plyo I'm consistantly in the upper 140's

I just did the new Plyo one on one that will be part of the next P90X. Scary! my heart rate was over 160 more than a few times. I'm 46 for cryin out loud. Is he trying to kill me!

Actually I loved it!
  • rowerc2
    rowerc2 Posts: 158
    I find Plyo X and Core Synergistics X as the biggest calorie burners....
This discussion has been closed.