Keeping Things interesting

Options
I grew up heavy or fat however you want to put it, and it took alot of motivation and hard work to finally get thin, and then I have found how to keep it off ,as its been about ten years now, since I lost all my weight, But my knew goal in life is to tone my entire body, some people may have a little easier time with this, as they were not as heavy and out of shape as I was, but for me it has been a total body transformation. I have found that I love running, biking, hiking, weight lifting, and just recently have found a great Ab work out. But I am sure their are a million other things out their that are great workouts that are fun and have great results, that you all could share. I would love to hear suggestions on toning your stomach and lifting/toning your butt. I also am a low carber which helps with my blood sugar, and keeping my weight under control, if anyone else has any pointers on easy or convenient snacks for this that would be great, and lastly if anyone has any questions for me I would love to share, I have done a ton of research on many topics and have been living proof on my research, I hope we can get some interesting thoughts and motivation for all on this topic.

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    for toning the stomach i'd say hip hop abs, p90x or insanity.
    for toning the butt i would say brazilian butt lift
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I like to do ab jam (turbo jam) the hubby likes the ab ripper x (p90x). As for the butt and thighs I love the windsor pilates buns & thighs it really works out those muscles and lifts it.
  • Dancerten
    Dancerten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I found my favorite ab workout (that also works your whole body) in a fitness magazine. You use a bosu ball (its like a half fitness ball, just google it if you don't know what i'm talking about) and a dumbbell or kettle bell (whatever weight you're comfortable with, I use 10 or 15lb weight depending on how many reps i'm going to do).

Stand about 6-8 inches in front of the bosu ball with your feet shoulder width apart, hold the dumbbell straight out in front of your chest.
    Do a deep squat until your butt is on the very front of the bosu ball.
    Lay back over the bosu ball, bringing the dumbbell over your head so it touches the floor above your head (try to keep your arms straight while doing this).
    Do a sit-up back into the deep squat position, at the same time bringing the dumbbell back over your head to where you started with it in front of your chest.
    Stand up out of the squat.
    Repeat

I know it sounds complicated, but once you do it a few times it's pretty easy. I love it because it works your biceps, triceps, shoulders, abs, quads, and glutes all in one exercise. I would start with a small dumbbell, I found that my arms tired out pretty quickly when I first started doing this exercise. Hope it helps you! :happy:
  • BrinaJo
    Options
    Oh I love it can't wait to try, infact I think I will go try it now, see thats what I'm talking about, great ideas keep em coming. As far as P90x and turbo jam I think I'll try my friends and if I like them will go buy the program, do you know if they are just one workout video, or a few of them in a package? I'm on a 90 day program right now, just need a little extra, and am 3/4 of the way through so I want to have something to start afterwards.
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    If your focus is the core toning, I would really recommend Rev Abs.

For overall toning/strengthening, ChaLean Extreme or P90X (though as a woman, I prefer ChaLean Extreme).
  • BrinaJo
    Options
    I am doing the chalean extreme right now, what kind of transition will it be to the p90x?
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    As far as your question on how many discs come in the p90x and turbo jam there are more than one. In the p90x there is like 12 and I can't remember exactly how many are in the turbo jam. I really like the kettle ball idea I think I might have to try that one to keep the workouts interesting.