Options
2»

Replies

• MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Log on mfp every day!!!
    Log on after every meal!!!!
    Remember every calorie in & out counts so track it.
    Eat what you want, just be aware of what a portion is.
    Exercise daily, other wise you know you'll just get lazy, and you know how great you feel after a good workout so just do it.
  • jam3114
    jam3114 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    STOP EATING CRAP FOOD !!!!!!! Just get on with it & stop moaning to yourself that it's not working. You're not working at it so your fat is hardly going to walk itself off your body. Move It, get going & stop starting & stopping like a bad public bus route. Track each day not just the days that started well & you'd be there already - now just GET ON WITH IT and BE DONE ALREADY - Do you really want to be doing this forever or would you prefer to be maintaining a healthy weight - not maintaining the hefty weight you are now!!!!!!!
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Just put one foot in front of the other. It'll be a long journey, but totally worth it.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    for heaven's sake, take a before photo!

THIS! I wish I had more "before" photos. I didn't consider myself to be a "before" because I didn't know I could do this...
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I would kick my old self's *kitten* and show her what she could accomplish.. tell her to stop whining and wishing and do something about it.. tough love all the way.
  • amysedwards
    amysedwards Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread!

One Meal at a time, One Day at a time, and One Week at a time... One Step at a Time...

You are worth this! You can do this! You are not being selfish!
    Don't be embarrassed by the before measurements/pics - TAKE THEM! The success will be that much greater!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Don't be embarrassed by the before measurements/pics - TAKE THEM! The success will be that much greater!

I'm totally embarassed by my "before" pictures...i don't have "after" pictures yet therefore I've saved myself the embarassment so far...but the day is going to come when I have lost 55lbs and I'm going to show all of MFP the picture of me standing in my sports bra and joggers...:blushing:
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I would tell myself how good it feels to be thin and just remind the old me that I CAN DO IT!!
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    OMG that last reply was fantastic!

I would tell my old self "You do have the time and you are worth this."

Ohh and I would also give my oldself the winning numbers to last month's mega millions ;)

hahah!
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    I would tell myself its gonna take a LONG time, but take it a week at at time, b/c it will be worth it!

that's great advice!
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    How far back do I get to go? I'd go back 15 years ago and say, "Here's how you do it. It's not easy, but it's simple, and it's worth it. Start now when you have far less weight to lose."

that's so true! i wish i would have started this journey way before i had this much to lose!
  • viggie
    viggie Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Stop trying to please others. Love yourself like you love your children. Treat yourself like a queen. Believe that you can do itl Set small goals and be excited when you reach them. Do the things in life that make you happy, no matter what others say or do. But most important, STICK AND STAY THE COARSE!. Oh and never stop tracking!
  • michelleinpa
    michelleinpa Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I would try to impress the idea that is is NOT about eating less(ok, at least not totally about less) but eating BETTER. That you have to learn to embrace veggies as your friend - that some exercise is not optional. I would show her how to eat & what to eat/drik- looking back, my Mom did the best she could but her idea of "nutrition" was crap. My family showed love by feeding you - I would learn to show love my involvement and interest and being present.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I would tell myself: "you have no idea what you're capable of."
  • ImCeltic
    ImCeltic Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    And the most important. Love yourself. No matter what you weigh, its important to love the one you are with. Too often I would be filled with self loathing at what I would see in the mirror and get frustrated. I didn't give up, but it made the journey more difficult. You need to love yourself even though you may not see the person you always want to see looking back at you. You have a story to tell, and you are living your journey. I would have never told anyone else they looked fat or ugly if it were them standing there. I would have hugged them and told them THEY CAN DO THIS! :o) So we need to love ourselves the same way! :o)

This is so true. I am my own worst critic and I realize I have to shut it off and start treating myself the way I would treat anyone else! Thank you for a great post!
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Log on mfp every day!!!
    Log on after every meal!!!!
    Remember every calorie in & out counts so track it.
    Eat what you want, just be aware of what a portion is.
    Exercise daily, other wise you know you'll just get lazy, and you know how great you feel after a good workout so just do it.

AMEN!
  • miss_eeyore
    Options
    for heaven's sake, take a before photo!

THIS! I wish I had more "before" photos. I didn't consider myself to be a "before" because I didn't know I could do this...

Agreed - I didnt realise the empowerment of a before photo!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!