Baked Potatoe from Wendys

Options
2»

Replies

• navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    I recommend the baconator with a side of fries.

Wow, nice job resurrecting a four year old dead thread. Good call on the Baconator though. Yesterday was a #1 for me and a JBC on the side.

Rigger
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I would recommend NO fast food if you can help it. If you do have to get a baked potato, try to limit the amount of butter, sour cream and bacon on it. I would get a salad if they have it and use light or only a little bit of dressing.

Maybe look up online to see how many calories all of their menu items have before you go buy something.. it should help you pick something lower calorie and not full of fat. You can probably find the calorie listing on their website or google it?

Good luck!

This is so wrong on so many levels...

ETA:
    jees I really need to check the dates...I really do...I stand by what I said tho
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Do you guys think the baked potato from Wendys is bad to eat? Or do you guys recommend something else?

Baked potatoes are a great source of certain nutrients! Just don't overload it with butter/margerine or sour cream.

This is good to know. I'm always trying to find ways to increase my intake of certain nutrients.

Me too! I'm also always looking for good sources of fat and a little protein, but I guess since butter and sour cream are out of the question in this case, I'll have to find something else.

I don't know about fat and protein but if you're lacking in certain nutrients the potato is apparently a good source.
  • AngelaMcAuleyGlenn
    AngelaMcAuleyGlenn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wendy's chili on a plain baked potato is on of my favorite fast food finds. It's hard to navigate fast food. Skip the butter and you make the call on sour cream and cheese. Enjoy!
  • rhoule76
    rhoule76 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Just ask for it plain, that's what I do if I want a potato while I'm out running errands.
  • crazymama2both
    crazymama2both Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    big fan of the chili dumped onto the potato...nomnomnom....
  • crazymama2both
    crazymama2both Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    waiiiittt a minute...BLAST IT ALL...i see what you did there...damnit, i'm a sucker.