KInda sorta proud of myself...:)

Options
Today is State testing in the high school I teach at. The teacher's lounge was a plethora of cakes, pies, candies, cookies, donuts, sodas...you get the idea. I went in, grabbed a nice cold bottle of water, chatted with a few friends and left! I went in my classroom, ate my cooking light peanut butter yogurt crunch that I made last night, had my cup of coffee and started my day on the right foot. I also walked the entire time I was test monitoring instead of just sitting in a chair watching the kids. I feel like I accomplished something!

Replies

• momofgilliam4
    Options
    *pat on the back*

Great job!!! :flowerforyou:
  • swsays
    swsays Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Good, mindful choices! I hope my day goes something like that too!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Yup, that's what my staff kitchen looks like most of the year ....... during the holidays it's even worse ......

Great job planning ahead !
  • anissa333
    anissa333 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Happy Dance:laugh:
  • GregHelton
    GregHelton Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Awesome !!!! I hope your satisfaction from controlling your own destiny tastes way better than those evil cakes, pies, and pastries (my personal weekness!).

Good on you! You should be proud.

Greg
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Great job--the first few times saying, or thinking, 'no thank you,' were some of the hardest for me!
  • msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Very nice! I'm a teacher in the middle of testing, too :)
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    High five!!! Those can be so hard to resist.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!

And please share the peanut butter yogurt crunch recipe :) I googled but didn't find it.
  • leeshults
    leeshults Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    YAY!! Good job!!
  • ntdcruz
    ntdcruz Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    That is FANTASTIC! I'm currently looking at the cookie a co-worker left on my desk... too eat or not to eat... ??
    :)
  • greytniki
    greytniki Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Sometimes it is hard to avoid those obstacles, I try to make sure once I know there is a "danger zone" that I avoid it.
  • Swimnessa
    Swimnessa Posts: 44
    Options
    http://www.cookinglight.com/food/quick-healthy/quick-kids-recipes-00412000072526/page44.html

I changed the frozen greek yogurt to just Fage 2% plain greek and added a touch of vanilla to the yogurt
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Good job! <3
  • missmae182828
    Options
    Good for you!! It's hard to pass junk like that up, especially when you haven't eaten yet!! Don't "kinda sorta" be proud of yourself...Be VERY proud!!!!!
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    http://www.cookinglight.com/food/quick-healthy/quick-kids-recipes-00412000072526/page44.html

I changed the frozen greek yogurt to just Fage 2% plain greek and added a touch of vanilla to the yogurt

thank you! that granola sounds excellent.
  • Swimnessa
    Swimnessa Posts: 44
    Options
    It actually was and when I was done making it last night I let my boys (5 and 7) sneak a bite. They LOVED it. I think this weekend I will make a huge batch of it for them to munch on throughout the week and put in their lunches.
  • softncudly
    softncudly Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    "high-five-wave.gif"
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!