T 25?

Options
I have been debating about purchasing T25 due to some old joint injuries that I have. I am just wanting some feedback on how difficult it is and if any of you feel comfortable enough to post some T25 results to maybe push towards the "yes, you can do this ledge in my own mind"

Replies

• onionparsleysage
    onionparsleysage Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    No, I wouldn't do it.

I love the workouts, personally. It's a focus on cardio but some nice strength training mixed in sometimes.
    But the downside is the warmup/cooldown is much abbreviated. With your history of injury, you need to be really careful with your workout routines. And jumping right into a cardio-intensive program with a short warm up is a terrible idea.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Personally, if you have joint issues, it's better to get a program focused on weight training to build up the muscles around the joints so the muscle do most of the work. This has help my tendinitis a lot.
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I don't have any photos, but here's my review.
    While onionparsleys mentions the abbreviated warmup/cooldown, that's not entirely accurate.

The warmup is integrated into the workout.....you start out with the less intense and gradually build up to the faster speeds.....and there's a 3 minute stretch/cooldown that follows each workout.

By comparison to other products I have done, P90X, Insanity and others, Focus T25 ranks up there near the top. Speaking as someone who has knee and ankle issues, I found T25 relatively easy on my joints. My wife, who is not as athletic as I am, found T25 to be a program that she could modify while still getting a good workout.
  • s_light
    s_light Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback, I will take all into consideration.
  • LAPDpoliceNYPD
    LAPDpoliceNYPD Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    look it up on youtube in the words of shaun t i petty the fool:huh:
  • sarrah_n
    sarrah_n Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    T25 is a ton of cardio, you could stick with the modifier who does the lower impact version of each exercise to help with your joints. I would highly suggest stretching prior to the workout. Even after I completed Insanity, when I would get 10 minutes in to T25 my muscles would start to tighten up if I didn't stretch out my lower body beforehand.

I found that I really liked P90X because of the warm up and stretching in the program and it has more strength training. I don't know if you have weights at home, but it's an idea.
  • KetosisTina
    KetosisTina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I am actually missing part of my right leg so I understand leg issues. I was able to complete Alpha, Beta and Gamma. Tania is in all the videos and shows you how to modify moves to be low impact.

I love the fact that it is less than 1/2 hour. Most come out to about 30 minutes with the cool down that runs from 2:00-4:00 minutes.

I have a FB group for T25 and we have awesome results. We just hit 300 members.

I have also done P90x3 which is 30 minutes a day too.

T25 is more cardio based but also has strength trainer.
    P90x3 mixes in a bunch of things. Cardio, Yoga, MMX, Weights (bands)
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    I did T25 Alpha and Beta and started Gamma this week, I've had knee surgery in the past and I'm over 50. If things like squats are painful for your joints I'm not sure it's the program for you - there are a lot of squats, burpees and things of that nature. However, there is a modifier that shows you what to do instead, squats not as intense, burpees where you don't go to the ground things of that nature. I haven't experienced anything I would call "pain" from T25, except a bit in my arms/shoulders which were not very strong.

That being said, I really love the program. For me to stick with a DVD program for so long is pretty much unheard of. In the 10 weeks of A/B is lost 9 lbs (not a bunch), but over 11" which is more of what I was looking to get out of the program. For a point of reference I have about 15 lbs left to lose so I didn't expect to lose 30 lbs on T25.
  • aetarazona
    Options
    Personally, I wouldn't recommend t25 if you have any joint problems. Since it's a constant workout, your leg muscles are going to start hurting from the constant strain. If you do a bad movement while trying to maintain your rhythm, it could be a problem.