lose 24 by 24

Options
Hi everyone, I just joined. I'm looking to lost 24 pounds by my 24th birthday in late September. I'm looking for friends to encourage me and motivate me. I also need workout tips (because I am not a runner) and healthy food tips. I spend my time between biggest loser power sculpt DVD, and the treadmill. I'm looking to up my workout time and add in a little Wii Fit and Just Dance.

Keep up the good work everyone!

Replies

• LizaGetz
    LizaGetz Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Good luck on your journey, you can do it! There are A TON of exercise videos available on youtube, just gotta know what you're looking for. For example, I know Phase I of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred is online. Definitely find a balance of cardio + strength training and you'll do great. Just keep in mind consistency is key and 6-pack abs are made in the kitchen (i.e. watch your diet). Different things work for different people, you just have to figure out what you like doing the most (or what you don't like doing.)
  • aerowe1990
    aerowe1990 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey thanks! Yeah, right now I'm trying to get into a workout routine. I'm a creature of habit so once I get started on one it's hard to break. I will definitely look into Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I've heard good things about it. And I'm still trying to find a balance for my diet. I live my parents and my little sister, and it's every man for himself when it comes to cooking. So I will be making an avocado and tomato salad while my sister is enjoying a buffalo chicken tender sub. It's rough!
  • cait0716
    cait0716 Posts: 2
    Options
    Not sure if you have used the Daily Burn app, but they have some awesome free workouts! As well if you pay like $8 a month, you can get more of a variety! Really intense workouts, with videos to do them with. I really love this app! Also, make sure you aren't just performing cardio and abs, but incorporate some strength exercises (you can do these with just your own body weight). The biggest part of weight loss is proper nutrition. Before any work out, make sure you jump start your metabolism with something as simple as an apple and peanut butter, and follow up your workout with some type of protein (eggs, small piece of chicken, etc). Small meals throughout the day will keep up your metabolism and keep you burning those calories. PORTION CONTROL PORTION CONTROL PORTION CONTROL! But also, don't let one bad meal in a day ruin your whole day. If you have to eat a fast food meal for a meal (try to make the healthiest choice), but then jump back on eating healthy the rest of the day. Pinterest is my best friend when it comes to finding new recipes! =)
  • laurenhelenb140
    Options
    Hi! I'm new here too, just turned 24 and I swore to myself that on my 25th birthday next year I will be a much healthier person. I live with my parents too and it's so hard when you're trying to be healthy and surrounded by temptation! Have you heard of Bloglaties? Cassey Ho is such a wonderful trainer, her YouTube videos are fabulous, and her meal plans are really good too! Feel free to add me!