No weight lose even with eating around 800 calories

Options
Even with eating to little calorie and running 15miles a week I just cannot lose weight I look smaller and my clothes say the same but the scales just stay the same think my body is in starvation mode or I am making muscle

Replies

• Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    1. You are not gaining muscle at a deficit.
    2. Starvation mode isn't a thing.
    3. Eat more.
    4. Be an adult and make better decisions.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing and measuring everything you eat or drink? How are you calculating how many calories you are consuming?
  • asiantaye
    asiantaye Posts: 26
    Options
    Anything under 1200 calories could cause you not to reach your goals. When you complete you meal log at the end of the day on MFP if you eat under 1200 calories, it expalins that. I hope this helps. I didn't start losing weight until I started eating correctly and I don't see how 800 c alories would be enough.
  • mister_mama
    Options
    Eating 800 cal and running 15 miles a week? Seems unlikely that you'd be getting no results. I would eat more calories, double check your calorie tracking methods and make sure you're drinking enough water.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Closed diary.

You have only 12 lbs to lose according to your profile. Additionally you've had weight loss surgery so I would say that you need to talk to your doctor about how many calories are appropriate in your situation.

Under normal circumstances I'd say you are not in a deficit if you are not losing. Either you are eating more then you think or you are underestimating your calories burned. Your diary is closed so there is no way to check. It is possible that since you have had surgery your metabolism is artificially suppressed thus you may need less calories - the problem with doing VLCD for extended periods (which is what you would have done after surgery - is that they mess up your normal metabolism so there is absolutely no way for anyone but your doctor to even suggest a reasonable calorie goal for your situation.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Here we go again.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    you're in starvation mode. Kick your calories up to at least 1200.
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how you can run while eating 800 calories a day. I would cut someone, my run days I eat 800 for lunch. There is something you are missing. You would not have the energy to run on 800 calories a day.
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Closed diary.

You have only 12 lbs to lose according to your profile. Additionally you've had weight loss surgery so I would say that you need to talk to your doctor about how many calories are appropriate in your situation.

Under normal circumstances I'd say you are not in a deficit if you are not losing. Either you are eating more then you think or you are underestimating your calories burned. Your diary is closed so there is no way to check. It is possible that since you have had surgery your metabolism is artificially suppressed thus you may need less calories - the problem with doing VLCD for extended periods (which is what you would have done after surgery - is that they mess up your normal metabolism so there is absolutely no way for anyone but your doctor to even suggest a reasonable calorie goal for your situation.

This- It sounds like you need to speak to your doctor.
  • KaysKidz
    KaysKidz Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Are you taking measurements? If you look smaller, it sounds like you are toning, but not losing. Which, I think is ultimately better given your history with the gastric sleeve.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    1. If you are not losing weight, you are probably not in a deficit. Do you weigh all solids and use measuring cups for liquids?
    2. If you are eating exercise calories back, you may be over estimating calories burned.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    OP:
    I think you should have a chat with a professional to address your questions. You have a medical history, training for a half marathon and only eating 800 calories per day.
  • jonniemarie1
    jonniemarie1 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Closed diary.

listen to this guy!
  • hitsnooze
    hitsnooze Posts: 79
    Options
    not sure if troll, desperately disordered or completely deluded

nobody would run 13 miles a week on 800 calories without being AWARE straight away that it wasn't enough. you'd be dizzy, faint, constantly greying out, it wouldn't take long before you'd be developing orthostatic hypotension, your heart would be all over the place. i know this, trust me. so you're either doing it even though you know it's killing your body, or you're utterly deluded about how much you're actually eating
  • jharb2
    jharb2 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Your title answers the problem for you. Nobody should only eat 800 calories.
  • KaysKidz
    KaysKidz Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Are you taking measurements? If you look smaller, it sounds like you are toning, but not losing. Which, I think is ultimately better given your history with the gastric sleeve.
    Can you explain how someone goes about "toning not losing".

There are many times the scale doesn't move, but the measurements change. That's why it's so important to not get so focused on the scale, but also take measurements.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Eat more than 1200.