Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip with Potatoes

Options
ImtheOnethatsCool
ImtheOnethatsCool Posts: 212 Member
Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie Pota’Dough Dip! Vegan, Gluten-Free, Bean-free, Soy-free, and optionally Nut-free!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_fDu1dzIzf3gU6oJAaXrdhD5hJV43X9yZ7yNfyAPtNGJlDJX5

Ingredients:

240 grams yellow-skinned cooked potatoes, peeled (approx. 1 & 1/3 cups cooked potato)
6-7 tbsp pure maple syrup*, or to taste
3 tbsp cashew nut butter*
1/2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp fine grain sea salt, or to taste
1/4-1/3 cups dark chocolate chips

1. Peel and roughly chop the potatoes. Cook the potatoes in a pot of water on the stove-top until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain.

2. In a food processor, immediately add the cooked potatoes (still hot), nut butter, vanilla, and maple syrup. Do not use cold potatoes or the texture will be like mashed potatoes instead of a silky dip. Process until smooth for at least a couple minutes, stopping to scrape down the bowl as necessary. Make sure no clumps remain. You want it super smooth. Adjust sweetness if necessary and add salt to taste.

3. Place mixture in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes (preferably an hour) to chill and then stir in the chocolate chips just before serving. Serve the dip with graham crackers, fresh fruit, cookies, cinnamon sugar pita chips, or my favourite way, a spoon.

Nutritional info (per tablespoon, makes 25 tbsp, using 1/3 cup chips): 32 cals, 1 gram fat (0 sat fat), 45 grams sodium, 6 grams carbs, 0 grams fibre, 3 grams sugar, 1 gram protein.

Tips and Substitution questions: This recipe tastes best without any ingredient subs. Changing the ingredients may result in a reduced cookie dough flavour or strange texture. 1) I used yellow-skinned potatoes, however white skinned potatoes might also work. I’ve been told sweet potatoes result in a “sweet potato pie” taste and strange texture. I also don’t suggest using red or baking potatoes. 2) You may want more or less sweetener than I used depending on your taste buds. Adjust to taste. I don’t suggest swapping out the sweetener with honey as a reader said it didn’t produce a great flavour. 3) For gluten-free, be sure to check all your labels to ensure they are certified GF.

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    This looks great! I think I might make this instead of cake for my daughter's birthday. Kids don't need cake anyway.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    02.jpg
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    This looks great! I think I might make this instead of cake for my daughter's birthday. Kids don't need cake anyway.

:laugh:
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    tumblr_myssd3jFnh1s6krrko1_500.gif
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    well, that just got added to my grocery list
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Can you substitute the potatoes with cauliflower?
  • caranais
    caranais Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Can you substitute the potatoes with cauliflower?

nearly wet myself laughing haha
  • Fenrissa
    Fenrissa Posts: 116
    Options
    Interesting.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    mister-potato-head-cookies.jpg
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    But why?
  • Zx14chick
    Zx14chick Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Interesting indeed. Part of me wants to try it, but the other part of me is concerned it would be a waste because it wouldn't taste good...
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'm weird, but I love making food favorite alternatives. So... bumping for that.
  • commandercrystal
    Options
    this sounds really really good! im going to try this =^+^=
  • commandercrystal
    Options
    TRUE DAT
  • thomaszabel
    thomaszabel Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    My great great great grandmother used to make this when my ancestors first migrated to the US from Elbonia.
  • lujako
    lujako Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Made this other night. Very interesting and good. I did have to cut the sweetness down to about a quarter of what was called listed; however, the concoction was very good and made a nice sweet dip. I used for strawberries!
  • tarawarner22
    tarawarner22 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    BUMP TO TRY
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Bump.