Monthly Challenges

Options
This month I decided to take on my first challenge - the 30 Day Plank Challenge. I've never done anything like this before, but I'm excited about it. I have some questions for those of you that are into these challenges, though.

1.) I know the challenge exercise is an addition to my daily exercise. However, did you ever find yourself too sore to do your regular workout? I don't imagine the planks will keep me from doing much, but I was considering the squat challenge for next month. Doing 100+ squats in a day might leave my lower body too sore for a normal strength routine. Or does working your way up from 50 prevent soreness? Experiences?

2.) Once the challenge is over and you've got your results, how do you maintain it? Do you keep doing the challenge over and over or just carry on with your normal routine and it will stick around?

3.) When did you satisfy your daily challenge? During your lunch break, before or after your daily workout, before bed?

4.) Any other tips? Suggestions for other challenges beside the plank and squat challenges?

Replies

• _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Hellooo, anyone?
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    my monthly challenge is where I'm going to come up with the money to pay for that particular months race. lol.

but I do a an official timed 5K a month. I usually run 4.5miles 4 times a week and walk 4 miles 5 times a week.
  • Sonj1973
    Sonj1973 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I had the same problem, I wanted to maintain running each week yet there are challenges which I'd like to do at the same time, yet afraid if I push to hard I would set myself back and have to recover...

At the end of the day I figured if I mastered the running and took it on as a regular activity and was able to maintain then I could slowly add others to my regime and alternate...From what I've seen variety is the key, if you decide to take on additional challenges then take it steady and if you can manage more increase it slowly :)