Taco Bell breakfast

Options

Replies

• Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    A coworker had the waffle sausage taco today and said it wasn't worth the money - it tasted bland, flat, just awful. When I told her the calorie count on it, she nearly died.

That's enough to convince me not to have it, but to each their own.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I had a sausage waffle taco this morning for breakfast. It was decent, but I won't be choosing it over McDonald's breakfast ever again.

Sonic has the best fast food breakfast.

/thread

No sonic here sadly.

That truly is sad. I'm so sorry. :cry:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I"ve heard we have to take Beiber back to get the breakfast.....

So what's in it?

LOL, yes that exactly what the CEO said when asked if it would be available in Canada. I wouldn't eat it regardless. I would rather use up any extra calorie intake I have on red wine.

I vote that we do NOT get that breakfast here in Canada. We don't want Beiber back!!!!

justin_bieber_sad_gif_6.gif
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Taco Bell breakfast.......diarrhea now has a new flavor.
    Just tell your boss you had Taco Bell for breakfast for a quick and easy excuse for not coming into work today.

I'm sorry for you GI problems. That's even worse than not having a Sonic nearby. This thread has turned incredibly sad.

andy-cry-2.gif
  • shellbatronic
    Options
    I got curious and they actually have ingredients lists on the website, this just made me laugh:

EGGS
    Whole Eggs, Butter Flavor (Liquid And Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Salt, Soy Lecithin, Natural And Artificial Flavor, Beta Carotene (Color), TBHQ And Citric Acid Added To Protect Flavor, Dimethylpolysiloxane, An Anti-foaming Agent Added). Contains Less Than 1% Of The Following: Salt, Citric Acid, Pepper, Xanthan Gum, Guar Gum. CONTAINS: EGGS, MILK AND SOYBEANS
    Do they use real eggs?

Yes, they are real imitation eggs.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I got curious and they actually have ingredients lists on the website, this just made me laugh:

EGGS
    Whole Eggs, Butter Flavor (Liquid And Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Salt, Soy Lecithin, Natural And Artificial Flavor, Beta Carotene (Color), TBHQ And Citric Acid Added To Protect Flavor, Dimethylpolysiloxane, An Anti-foaming Agent Added). Contains Less Than 1% Of The Following: Salt, Citric Acid, Pepper, Xanthan Gum, Guar Gum. CONTAINS: EGGS, MILK AND SOYBEANS
    Do they use real eggs?

semi real eggs ... like the plastic ones you put toys in for easter are "real" eggs....
    SERIOUSLY Yum brands , seriously, i worked and managed a TB decades ago ... and we have coolers eggs have a shelf life of like 21 days , why could we not have used 100% natural eggs??? even boxed pre cracked eggs???
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options

EGGS
    Do they use real eggs?

Soybeans in muh eggs? :huh: No thanks.
  • shellbatronic
    Options
    Here's another that made me laugh:

BACON
    Fully Cooked Bacon Topping (Smoke Flavor Added). Cured With: Water, Salt, Sodium Phosphates, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Nitrite, Smoke Flavoring. May Contain: Sugar, Brown Sugar, Dextrose, Sodium Ascorbate, Flavoring.

Something so ominous about the term "bacon topping".
  • jesstwu
    jesstwu Posts: 1
    Options
    I had some this morning. It was filling for me and fit my macros. *shrug*

How are you tracking your macros on Fitness Pal?
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I had some this morning. It was filling for me and fit my macros. *shrug*

How are you tracking your macros on Fitness Pal?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary
  • Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    The calories for the waffle tacos actually arent too bad.
  • OMGSugarOHNOS
    OMGSugarOHNOS Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Regardless of calorie or macro content it's pure trash IMO.

You don't care about calories or nutrients?

Not sure where you got that I don't care. Whether it's 1000 calories or 5, the QUALITY (i.e. number of chemicals, amount of processing, etc.) of those calories are pure trash.

[x] fear mongering
  • Platform_Heels
    Platform_Heels Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    got curious and they actually have ingredients lists on the website, this just made me laugh:

EGGS

Sounds like what's in Egg Beaters.
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    A coworker had the waffle sausage taco today and said it wasn't worth the money - it tasted bland, flat, just awful. When I told her the calorie count on it, she nearly died.

That's enough to convince me not to have it, but to each their own.

Uh, the calories on that is like 370. I just had one this morning and it hardly threw my day off.
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options

EGGS
    Do they use real eggs?

When I was in college the "scrambled eggs" were powdered eggs. I wanted REAL eggs, so I would always get the hard boiled eggs, and mash them up like a scrambled egg.
  • mhiggi02
    mhiggi02 Posts: 5,988 Member
    Options

Not sure where you got that I don't care. Whether it's 1000 calories or 5, the QUALITY (i.e. number of chemicals, amount of processing, etc.) of those calories are pure trash.

I am pretty sure they don't serve the food out of the trash. :noway: :huh:

Seriously? What is the point of your post? Do you think I literally meant trash? In case you did, I meant that the item is lacking in quality nutrition.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

I am pretty sure they don't serve the food out of the trash. :noway: :huh:

Seriously? What is the point of your post? Do you think I literally meant trash? In case you did, I meant that the item is lacking in quality nutrition.

How? Quite sure it has a bunch of protein.
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    It tasted so good at first and then gave me an upset stomach all day i had to run to the bathroom every 5 seconds and it sent my calories up the wazzuuu. Good for a cheat day if thats what your looking for but once you had it once I wouldnt say make it a habbit
  • Loss4TheWin
    Loss4TheWin Posts: 249
    Options
    Have seen the adds. Yes, it's tempting. However, you can buy El Monterey Breakfast Burritos for about $4.75, unless you want the Mexican variety, which runs $7.50. It's only 250 calories and very filling and yummy. There are 4 in a box.

Or you can make your own with Missions Carb tortillas, Egg beaters, bacon or sausage, veggies and wrap/freeze them and then you can boost your fiber/protein, while keeping the calories to a minimum.

Same with the Waffle taco thing: If you make it yourself you can up the fiber/protein content and lower the calories. Making the guts (eggs, meat, veggies) ahead and just toasting/heating the high fiber/protein waffle later will save time too.

So, my final answer is tempting, but not worth the cost or the calories.

That's an awesome idea! I'm going to make my own this weekend and freeze them so I can grab and go throughout the week. Thanks for the idea.