Eliptical in my Socks?!

Options
Afternoon Pals!!

This is my first post in a couple of days, I dont generally post on the weekend and yesterday I was at Tiger's opening day! So last week was a great week, I exercised every day and had great weight loss results. I want to repeat again this week but I got the WORST blisters of all time on both of my heels from shoes I was wearing yesterday at the game. UGH!! I have been literally walking on my shoe backs all day at work let alone get it into a tennis shoe. I was thinking of just powering through the elliptical with my socks on, that wouldn't be bad would it ?? Other than my reputation at the gym might get tainted!.. who am I kidding, if I'm determined enough to work around my blisters I think I deserve a good rep! ;)

Replies

• stonerandall
    stonerandall Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try Moleskin. That's what I use when I get blisters on my heels.
  • Platform_Heels
    Platform_Heels Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I forgot my shoes once when I went to the gym and did the elliptical in my socks. Just be careful because it is slippery!
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I don't know why but I thought this thread was going to be about an elliptical inside a sock. Lol
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    start using aquaphor on your feet when you are planning long days on them.

but there is no need to keep doing the elliptical so many days in a row, especially if you are hurt. take a few days off.
  • gmoneycole
    gmoneycole Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Might be better to get some bigger shoes and wear some comfy socks...so you don't slip.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Are you wearing the right shoes for you?

Are you wearing non-cotton socks?
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I don't know why but I thought this thread was going to be about an elliptical inside a sock. Lol

Me too :laugh: :laugh:

ETA: Band-Aid brand makes these blister band-aids that I use when I get a blister on my feet. They're called "advanced healing blister cushions". You put one on the blister and leave it on until it's ready to peel off / fall off in a few days.
  • MYhealthyjourney70
    MYhealthyjourney70 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    not sure but will your gym let you... where i go you must wear proper footwear when working out.... take care of you and let the blisters heal and try using the moleskin..
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

Love me some misplaced modifiers too!
  • AshleyArleneNP
    AshleyArleneNP Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I was professionally fitted for athletic shoes and the put me in a whole size larger than I was wearing! It has made a huge difference and it was a free service. They even videotaped my barefeet on a treadmill to see my foot pattern. You make look into something like that.
    Though I think the elipitcal in your socks would be fine (if the gym was okay with it)
  • mom2tm
    mom2tm Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I do the eliptical in my slippers - but then again, I lucked out and got an eliptical that sits about 2 feet from my bed! :)
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    I have forgotten my shoes before and used my leather clogs on cross country ski machine. It's very close to elliptical.
    I'd consider crocs until blisters heal.
  • spdoughe
    spdoughe Posts: 51
    Options

hahahahaha! Oh wow, you guys are too much! I posted this right before I left work yesteday and came back to these lovley responses this morning :) My topic does kind of sound like a Dr. Seuss book title lol! I ended up skipping the gym and taking it easy last night. Thank you for all of the names of blister remedies, I am going to get them today, they are still in rough shape!!

Have a great day pals! =)