Gastric Sleeve Patients?????

Options

Replies

• Ohmeohmy2015
    Options
    So I joined this site just for this thread! My doctor has recently suggested this procedure to me, so thought I'd read some posts regarding it. My question is how much did this actually cost you? Where did you get it done (I'm Canadian and hear there is long wait lists for this in Canada)? Was there a long wait time? What about recovery? I can't seem to find any of these answers! Maybe if someone would like to message me if they are not comfortable posting on here? ANY information would be greatly appreciated!!
  • 2mouse63
    2mouse63 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Day one of my liquid diet, I am getting my sleeve surgery April 9th. Looking for support and ideas on what to eat after surgery. I was feeling nervous and honestly wondering if I made the right decision, but after reading the comments here my mind is it ease, so thanks for that!

I am also getting my sleeve done on April 9th. how is the liquid diet going. You are going to be fine and it is the right decision. stay in touch, like to know how you are doing.
  • krissy_03
    Options
    Hi my name is krissy I am doing the supervised diets for the sleeves right now and wondering if anyone has any advice or want to friend me for anything that can help me in any way i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
  • Brandi922
    Options
    I had my sleeve done on March 7. Im down 20lbs since preop. It's amazing how little i can eat. When I take 1 bite too many by body tells me to stop and its important to listen. My head hunger is fading a bit, but its still hard to watch myself waste food. So that urge to finish is still there, although that is sinking in fast. I am drinking as much water as possible. A couple of days ago i tasted some juice and it was waaaay too sweet. Any sugar i get from a beverage is the hint of it in my protein shakes.

I started documenting this on YouTube. I'll be making video #2 this weekend.

YouTube: SkintyBrandiOnTheRise
    Instagram: cheers_illdrinktothat
  • 2mouse63
    Options
    I got check this out Brandi. Keep up the wonderful work. I will be sleeved on the 9th of April and looking forward to 20 lbs in my first few weeks too. but I will take what ever I can get off.
  • judgejess
    judgejess Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Day one of my liquid diet, I am getting my sleeve surgery April 9th. Looking for support and ideas on what to eat after surgery. I was feeling nervous and honestly wondering if I made the right decision, but after reading the comments here my mind is it ease, so thanks for that!

I am also getting my sleeve done on April 9th. how is the liquid diet going. You are going to be fine and it is the right decision. stay in touch, like to know how you are doing.

I'm getting mine the following week! :) How are your pre-op diets working?
  • FASENELLO
    Options
    hi kelly my name is Judy and had my sleeve nov.29th 4 months ago and struggling to get my water and protein in myself , i go back to nutricionist april 21 st. i hope they can suggest something, im not hungery and nothing tastes good, it has been a journey, ive lost 70 lbs . and have to start walking as soon as we get nice weather, i worry about my saggy skin , or dehydration, hope things get better 4 you. takecare
  • Gemini3820
    Options
    I am doing quite well on the liquid diet, I was expecting it to be much worse however I am only on day 5 of 14. I have already lost several pounds which is what is keeping me motivated, but I do admit that its very hard to cook for my children, the cravings get bad then. How are you doing on your liquid diet?
  • g4ard
    g4ard Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm on day six of my gastric sleeve surgery. This is hard but is exactly what I've been preparing for. Wish there were recipes for the liquid diet part beside fruit. Don't really like my protein shake with berries. Only banana, vanilla, no chocolate. Any ideas please.
  • 2mouse63
    Options
    My pre-op liquid diet is going just fine so far. I haven't fall off the wagon yet. But like someone said it is hard to cook for kids and husband when you are just going protein shakes and broth.
  • lisaspiers1
    Options
    I a going to be having the sleeve done in the next few weeks, I am looking for any advise on what to expect and what to eat from day 1. I have been trying to look up things but not much luck. Any advise appreciated.
  • rosenkrantzz
    Options
    Congrats on your sleeve and good luck!

My way to get good protein was to find a really good shake - I ended up with the premiere protein shakes from costco. 30g protein and 160 cals / 4-5 carbs. I had one for breakfast every day and usually one as an afternoon or evening snack.

My other "regular protein meal" was egg whites w/ some lean turkey or ham as a breakfast, lunch or dinner. I would usually add a little salsa and mushrooms (sometimes a lot of mushrooms as they are low cal and low carb).

http://www.premierprotein.com/product/chocolate-shake/
  • dayton278
    Options
    Go to gastric sleeve.com lots of great people and answers
  • dayton278
    Options
    Please check out that site it has so many great people forms & blogs I've learned so much in my research I have not had the sleeve still in the research phase but so far I have found gastric sleeve. Com the most helpful they have recipes & people discuss every thing you can expect, if the answer is not there you can post and people are great with advise
  • GramGramMcKenzie
    Options
    I had the sleeve done February 22nd Im down 41lbs Gonna sound strange but looking for some friends on here to add & maybe in future get together and help with staying motivated in weight loss. I dont know many people and looking for friends. I live in Bridgecreek Okahoma Id like to adventually maybe find a work out buddy! If this sounds weird to you sorry just someone looking for friend.. If you like add me so we can get to know each other : ) BTW I'm married so Im NOT looking for a relationship Im looking for a friend!
  • stlmd12006
    Options
    I am considering Gastric Sleeve surgery or Gastric Plication. Anyone else look at both and can say why you chose the sleeve as opposed to plication?
  • lauraesqu
    Options
    Can i still have my green leafy smoothies after 2 weeks of my gastric sleeve ?
  • cbular
    cbular Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I had my sleeve done in January 2012. It is the best thing I have ever done for myself. I lost 120 pounds, then came an ankle injury that had me off work for 4 months and I gained 25 pounds back. One reason was lack of physical activity but the biggest reason was high calorie intake. When I was bored sitting in the house I returned to my old friend " carbs". I have discovered that even though I can't eat alot at one time, grazing every hour and a half on carbs equals weight gain. All that being said I am back on track now exercising and eating right. My fit pal has been a huge help.

I chose the sleeve because my surgeon had it done to himself. As a nurse I've seen alot of bypass patients come in with complications and not one sleeve patient.
  • melhandy
    melhandy Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello!

I'm scheduled to have the sleeve done in a week, on April 16th. I'm excited and nevous at the same time. I have never had surgery before, so not knowing what to expect is the biggest worry for me. I'm 34 weight 200lbs. I cannot get rid of the weight, have tried multiple diets. I'm a diabetic that just had to start taking insulin, along with blood pressure medicine. My insurance wouldn't cover the procedure so i am paying out of pocket and having it done in Mexico. My hope is to lose enough weight to get off the medication i am currently on, as well as to look better. Are there any of you out there that had the surgery in Mexico that i could ask questions, or you could tell me about your experiance. I'm not really nervous about having the procedure there, i would be nervous here, just want someone that has or is going through the same experience.

Melissa
  • jennaleecaudill
    Options
    Would I qualify??? I am 24 years old my weight is currently 230 lbs 8 am 5 foot 6 inches my bmi is 37 I am desperate to get the surgery I cannot diet for the life of me I've tried. I've been overweight my whole life! I am constantly tired I barely have energy to play with my kids, I do tend to have high blood pressure.. Please help and advice about the process