You're gonna HATE me!

Options
Yes, I did say HATE me! Why? Well, my goal is the absolute opposite of most people who use this site/app. My entire life I have been a skinny boy and at 40 yrs, I am still a skinny boy. Although I am at the lower end of my BMI, my goal is to GAIN a few pounds. The funny part is...it's just as difficult for me to gain weight as it is for most people to lose weight. My wife, who really doesn't need to lose any weight, secretly downloaded this app to my Droid because she thought I'd benefit from it and now I am HOOKED! So, now that I have a way to see my caloric intake, I just hope those big numbers keep rollin'!

Replies

• PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,710 Member
    Options
    Hate? Nah. Envy? Absolutely!
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    lol nah its cool brah theres actually some people gaining weight on this site if you wanna look for them and i plan to do the same when i cut about 20 or 30 more pounds that way i can put on pure muscle lol youl find everyone on this site is supportive no matter what your goals are
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    No, I don't hate you. I'm just insanely jealous :happy:

Welcome to MFP! This is a great site for whatever you need to track. Incidentally, I found out through this site that even though I am very overweight, I was not eating enough! As soon as I got my eating in balance (eating more with exercise too) I've steadily lost weight. This is the first site that has really helped me, and it was all through their tools.
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous, but my best friend is underweight so I know how hard it can be to gain weight (or even maintain a healthy weight) if you have a fast metabolism and a less-than-huge appetite. Good luck!
  • vbhoj74
    vbhoj74 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Pure Envy!

See the brighter side, you can eat all the sweets all year long and still remain skinny.

Welcome to MFP, I'm sure this will help you achieve your goals.
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    Hate? Noooo, but ridiculously jealous. Anyways, my boyfriend's the exact same way, and we seem to have found a few tricks along the way, (largely thanks to a few fitness celebs that married into his family the past couple of years) that really help. So if you ever looking for some help, send me a message, and I'd be glad to share anything I can =)
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    PS That's a very impressive pose in your picture =p
  • Dammitviv
    Options
    I don't hate you, in fact I'd be happy to help you out. If you can just find a way to take a few pounds from me, we can fatten you right up. :laugh:

Good luck in your healthy weight gain endeavor, and your wife is totally awesome for getting you started, you should thank her :)
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Hate...nope, lol. There are actually quite a few people on here trying to gain. I am one of them, lol. Trying to put on about 8-10 pounds of muscle if possible.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    My cousin is going through the same thing as you are, she is trying to gain weight. So noway I can hate you, I understand....

Trust me I understand it is hard to gain weight for some people, she has been trying for years.....

Goodluck
  • taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hate you? Of course not, that would be silly! Welcome!

In my previous shared home, we were three women. One was naturally skinny bordering on underweight, one just right, and then there was me. We cooked and ate together a lot -- I'm used to the frustration by now! The first woman actually bought the highest-fat milk available, with cream on top, whereas the other two of us shared the semi-skimmed stuff.
  • akwjr16
    Options
    Thank you all for the kind words of encouragement (and not hating me)! It's nice to see some other folks trying to gain some weight as well! Kudos to all of you kickin' your goals in the "square pants"! Hey...for what it's worth...I've been a techie since '93 and this is my FIRST blog post ever! So this is cool every which way but loose!
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your weight gaining journey!
  • akwjr16
    Options
    Thanks Chickadee!
  • mishamae
    mishamae Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    No hatin' here :) My husband is the same way...he has such a difficult time gaining weight and has been under weight or a "skinny boy" his whole life too. Right now i'm trying to convince him to try this site so he can make sure he is getting enough calorie intake, plus it will remind him to exercise too :) Good luck with gaining some weight and becoming a happier, healthier you! :)
  • Certified_Femail
    Certified_Femail Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    hummm im think that if thats you in that picture flying in the air doing the splits maybe thats why your to skinny! And doing that at 40? Thats funny. Welcom to fitness pally wally. I understand your situation. I do know some also has always been very skinny and when he started to gain a few pounds it went to his belly lol. Started getting a pot belly, so needless to say he stoped eating so much and he is the same now skinny no belly. Also emotional over eating is just as much a problem as anorexia or needing to gain weight. So really we are all in the same boat right,. We eitiher want to see the numbers go down or up but the same job or challenge is there for all lof us. Hope you reach your goal. So your trying to get to 140? how many lbs do you want to gain??? May the eating force be with you :bigsmile:
  • akwjr16
    Options
    Hey mishamae, keep convincing him and Thank You!
  • akwjr16
    Options
    Yes....I never did mention how much I want to gain...I'm 124 at 5' 6" and have my sights set on 140. It's not much, but enough for me to be able to fit in 29-30 waist pants! I can never find pants that fit my narrow behind! My wife loves to tell people that I often buy pants and jeans from the "boys" department of various stores! I have to laugh too because it IS kinda funny!
  • meeshers
    meeshers Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    we're all here to get healthy, whatever that may be for each individual! so good luck and enjoy!! :wink:
  • Levahna
    Levahna Posts: 132
    Options
    My best friend has the same problem, so I can see the other side. As much as I've hated all my life being told things like "You have such a pretty face" or " if you just lost a few pounds", she hates "you can probably eat anything and never gain a pound".
    Welcome!! You'll enjoy this site I'm sure as the support is there no matter which way you want the scale to go!! :)