MEN!

Options
Hi
Do you think men prefer thinner women or curvy ones? Just wondered if I lose the weight, I may find one!!! LOL

Replies

• happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Haha :laugh: Funny question!!

I am sure it is down to the individual male....

As a generalisation, I would think that most men prefer curvy girls - the guys in my office seem to idolize these women (I guess UK 12/14 but boobs, bum, little waist)

My partner on the other hand wants an anorexic stick with huge boobs!!! Doh... Not going to make it there! haha.

I am a UK 10 - have a typical "curvy girl" bottom half and quite a nice little waist, but sadly the most flat chested person on the planet - and I think this is probably the main factor for most men, in my experience they tend to stare at my chest in horror!! :laugh: Never mind...we can't have it all.

Whatever your shape or size, there'll be a man out there who'll think you are a Goddess JUST THE WAY YOU ARE! :love: So don't conform to something just because you think guys will love it!

Good luck with your journey!
  • suemorgan
    Options
    Good answer!! I used to have a nice little figure, then 3 kids came along followed by the big 40!! It takes its toll as the energy levels drop sometimes, well mine do at least.

If we were happy with the way we look, we wouldnt be here, trying to lose some weight i guess. I would just like to wear clothes that I have had in my wardrobe for ages but are just a little too tight! I will get into them, I know i will :)
  • mangorabbit
    mangorabbit Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Har! Both an amusing question and answer.

I know we hear this all the time from the ethereal land of self-esteemism... but honestly, females who are comfortable in their own skin tend to be more attractive, (or sao it seems in my limited observationing) because they are confident and totally good with where (and who) they are. It means that the boys can hang with you without fear those conversational landmines that might lead to 'How could you say THAT to me?!?!' type things.

Really, find a you that YOU are cool with, and see how that affects your dealings with others...being okay in your own skin is a massive bonus.

^_^
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    For the sake of my sensitive bits, I'd have to say that the ideal woman shape would be the current shape of my wife :-)

But generally, from a purely physical attractiveness point of view, I prefer a natural look, which would involve curves. Skinny with artificial boobs is a turn off, as is any extreme falsifications (eg excessive makeup, photoshopping, airbrushing).

mangorabbit, I think, is bang on though - be comfortable with yourself!
  • sjaudio
    sjaudio Posts: 52
    Options
    Just to throw in my two cents here. I think Mangorabbit is fairly close on this, people who are comfortable with themselves tend to be more attractive. It's more of a vibe thing than physical attributes. The women that I have been most attracted to in my life have been varied in appearance, but all had a similar confidence in themselves. It's not about being happy with your body (I think for a lot of people that is a life long quest), it's about accepting who you are on the inside.

It's true that men are visually stimulated, but I think women would be surprised at the things we focus on. The curve or your smile when you look our way is far more important to us than how you fit in your jeans (which you may or may not be obsessing over). Just rock whatever body type you have and the guys will flock your way.

^_^
  • Sheepdoglady
    Options
    Just had to say how lovely that was, SJAudio.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Attraction is not predictable, nor can it be explained. If you insist on looking for one body type, one personality, one trait, you close yourself off to other possibilities out there.

When you feel attractive, that will make the difference.

Oh...and I like boobs.
  • suemorgan
    Options
    very true , my friend
  • ginnyroxx
    ginnyroxx Posts: 763
    Options
    Attraction is not predictable, nor can it be explained. If you insist on looking for one body type, one personality, one trait, you close yourself off to other possibilities out there.

When you feel attractive, that will make the difference.

Oh...and I like boobs.

*swoon*
    this is why you're my romeo

<oh...and i like boobs.>

you crack me up!
  • ginnyroxx
    ginnyroxx Posts: 763
    Options
    to the OP

I agree with what the other 2 men said here. Sexiness is a state of mind. My "boob" man loves me exactly how I am. I've been smaller, I've been bigger - either way I know I'm a good catch ;)
  • jennylynn84
    Options
    Confidence is sexy, and I find men feel that way just as much as we women do.

Personally, I have NEVER been a stick. I never WILL be. I'm not saying I can't hit my goal or get lower. The fact is that my genetics mean I have wide hips and a wide rib cage. I have, if you will, a natural hourglass shape. From most of the opinions I've gathered, both from my husband and from dating before him, the hourglass - the hips and butt - are a GOOD thing.

I know it differs based on men, but I've spoken with many that think the "so skinny they look like a 12-year-old boy" look is a tad disturbing.

The important thing is to find someone that finds you attractive. Someone who's "type" is just you.
  • suemorgan
    Options
    good avice. been lookin for 10years now lol
  • jackal75
    Options
    To elaborate on some comments above that I agree with...

A woman must be comfortable in her own skin, HOWEVER a self-centered, conceited woman is too much. I find that the women that look artificial and have supermodel bodies are most likely to have that over-bearing attitude. So like the fellows above, I tend to like a woman with SOME curves due to appearance and attitude combined.

For me, the range of appearance tends to be thin and fit up to mildly overweight. The importance for me tends to lie in that everything is proportionate on her body. If I can count your ribs but you have EE boobs then that's no better than an obese gal with an A cup. Apply those same criteria to the tush. A really thin gal with a huge butt isn't going to hold my eye anymore than a woman with a flat saggy butt. As bad as those statements make me sound, if you compare the confidence level and attitude of the above examples you will likely see that those ladies are unattractive mentally as well.

So... to wrap up this overly long post (LOL)... You don't have to be a candidate for a Playboy spread to attract me. Just be a healthy, proportionate, compassionate lady of average size.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Captian Obvious wants to make one more point...always do this for yourself, not for someone else.
  • jackal75
    Options
    She is dude! She wants some lovin' and is willing to take steps to find some!

Jokes aside.. he is right. Do this for you first. Make attracting a man the secondary effect. Get healthy so that the man you do find can enjoy you well into old age!
  • SteveC_71
    SteveC_71 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Got to agree with the guys on this one - it's attitude not appearence that matters. Having said that if you are comfortable in your body you dress and act more confidently. So there is no doubt that when you feel healthier you act healthier and come across better.

I have never understood why woman are so hard on each other and put such pressure on womankind to fit some artifical body type or shape. Most guys are more than happy with a woman who just looks after herself and makes them smile.

No guy likes a girl than is so body obessed that they haven't got any time for the relationship itself. You need to love the person not the packaging and to love a person you need to be able to love yourself first.