Bringing a snack

Options
Yabiwaz
Yabiwaz Posts: 17 Member
Hi everyone,

One of my friends is having her 21st birthday this week and she's having a party. Normally when my friends and I get together at someone's house it's a custom to bring along something to eat or drink such as a tin of biscuits. I was hoping if anyone had some inventive ways where I can carry out this "mini tradition" while still getting some fruit or veggies in it or even some healthy ideas.

Any ideas would be highly appreciated!

Replies

• GeminiFitness1
    GeminiFitness1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I would suggest Kale Chips. They are easy to make and taste good.
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I love veggies & hummus or pita chips & hummus!
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Bring a watermelon and cut it into chunks, then douse the chunks in vodka.
  • CarlieeBear
    CarlieeBear Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I would suggest Kale Chips. They are easy to make and taste good.

If you don't like the smell or taste of sauerkraut, I'd avoid Kale Chips....at least making your own. I made some once and my whole apt. smelled nasty!
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Dried fruit of any kind
  • CarlieeBear
    CarlieeBear Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Make a fruit or veggie tray since a lot of people like that and it won't look like you're trying to introduce them to some weird health food.

You could also get baked chips such as Special K, Poppits, etc. Count out your serving and stick to it.

If it were me, I might make a favorite treat I don't dare make without someone to share it with and take just one and leave any leftovers with the host.
  • ilenewilliams
    ilenewilliams Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Fruit and Veggie tray, maybe a hummus dip. You could also do nuts, like almonds/pecans.