I'm getting married!!! Need some support!

Options
Hi everyone!

It's a long way away yet but I want to lose some weight and tighten everything up for my wedding (October 2015). I'm 5ft 3in and about 50kg. I was about 64kg 2 years ago but lost it whilst logging religiously on MFP and taking up exercise. But for the past year I've stopped logging due to new career and lack of time. However, I'm determined to get back on it. I'm definitely what you call skinny fat... lots of fat around my stomach area and untoned arms!

Are there any other brides to be looking for motivation to lose some weight? Would be great if we can support each other :)

Replies

• Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Weight loss and a calorie deficit are not going to help you if you really are "skinny fat."
    Lifting and working out religiously while at maintenance will, as well as keeping to your macros.
  • evaleung87
    Options
    Hey, yep planning to up my resistance training. I normally do a lot of cardio and go swimming and cycling once a week now as well. Trying to vary my exercises to shake things up!
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hey, yep planning to up my resistance training. I normally do a lot of cardio and go swimming and cycling once a week now as well. Trying to vary my exercises to shake things up!

That's great! :D It sounds like you're on top of it. Just remember that cardio doesn't do as much as heavy lifting in terms of toning and building muscle.
  • evaleung87
    Options
  • Vsera
    Vsera Posts: 10
    Options
    Congrats! I also am getting married. But way soon. June 14 of this year! looking to lose another 10-15. Not much time. But is do able. How do you know what machines or workout to do to get toned?
  • evaleung87
    Options
    Congrats to you too! :)

I generally run 5k on the treadmill, 10mins crosstrainer, then 3 sets of 10 on 3 different arm machines.. can't remember what they called. Shoulder and chest press I think? Inbetween those machines, I do 2mins of crosstrainer again and do 30 baby crunches, leg extensions etc.

What are you doing to lose weight?