Broke riding.

Options
Has anyone had any success with weight loss from bike riding? How much did you lose and did you combine it with other workouts?
I want to start bike riding to see if this would be of any aid.

I wouldn't be riding alone. I have a 3 year old who would be either riding on a seat attached to the bike, or in a wagon attached to the bike. My son is light ( 30 pounds ) but with the seat/wagon added I would be lugging around an extra 50 or so pounds.

Replies

• abrazame
    abrazame Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    *Bike*
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is all about calories in versus calories out, so yes you can as long as you stay in your calorie goal for the day.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Bike riding is a GREAT way to lose weight. I lost a lot when i was riding to and from work every day.
  • Natmarie73
    Natmarie73 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Its great for building thigh and butt muscle too. I have really noticed improvements in this area since I started cycling.
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've lost 12.2 pounds since January 6th which was helped by riding my bike. I also lift weights on Monday (legs), Wednesday (upper body), and Friday (core). I average about 30 hours a month on the bike in the winter/early spring. It's a good way to burn calories and help trim weight, but as OnionMomma says - it's about running a caloric deficit.