Almost 6 months to the day and I met my goal! (w/pics)

Options
KateEMD
KateEMD Posts: 101 Member
Today is the day! I finally have lost 30lbs and am at my goal weight! This picture below was from July of last year. I look at it now and I can't believe I let myself get that big. I was 5 feet tall, 160 lbs with high cholesterol and wearing a size 10 jeans and a large size shirt.
5273de80-7f65-4edc-9118-a43973739cc3_zps626bef08.jpg
My progress was fast at the beginning. In October I was challenged to lose 10lbs by Christmas. My husband and his bother and sister were going to do the same. There was no way in hell I was not going to lose the weight and let them beat me. Come to find out it was only my husband and I that made it. I don't know what happened but something changed in me and I had so much will power to keep going. I did Jillian Michael's 30DS every day, even on my 2 week Christmas and New Years trip home. I took about one day a week that I could eat whatever I wanted. I walked and ran and checked in on MFP every single day. This picture is from my first to my last day of the 30DS.
63ec3476-502c-4330-9aa8-818ca4957102_zps67a5a6de.png
My weight loss slowed after I lost about 10lbs. I could not get out of the 140's for a long time. It was frustrating and I had to keep my discipline up. I leaned heavily on MFP and the support of my amazing husband. Finally about 2 months ago I got out of the 140's. From that point my body lost about 1lb a week for some reason and I am now where I am. I took this comparison photo in my favorite shirt about a week or two ago.
dc1528d4-1607-4f2b-bd2d-8a2f93d4090c_zpse6b96583.png
Here I am today! I am 130lbs. I am wearing a size small shirt and a size 4 jean! I feel more like myself then I have in a long time. The person in the mirror is how I have pictured myself in my head. I bought my first bikini in a long time. I am training for a 5k and I just love this healthy version of me. I have gone from obese to overweight to normal on the BMI. I have gone from hating trying on clothes to loving shopping. I have gone from hiding my body to showing it as part of who I am. Thank you to everyone who has helped me along the way. I could not have done this without MFP.
18f3fd8d-4449-4982-8583-b778946cd215_zps5c6b9088.jpg

Replies

• thomaszabel
    thomaszabel Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Lost 30 lbs: Check
    Feel great: Check
    Conquer a medium sized South American country and have them bring you pina coladas on the beach: Next month...

Congrats!
  • jade_222
    jade_222 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Yay! Good job, I can't wait until I'm where you are at. Not only have you lost the weight you now have a healthy lifestyle! Congratulations.
  • lifegoeson25
    lifegoeson25 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing!
  • noor_v
    noor_v Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look great!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Churchbell06
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look awesome and this was inspiring to me!
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • flyygirl802
    flyygirl802 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You look so happy too!
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    This is so inspiring!! Thanks for sharing. You are awesome!!!
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats!
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    you look great and very happy. =) great job
  • Hiker_Rob
    Hiker_Rob Posts: 5,547 Member
    Options
    Awesome job Kate, you put in the hard work and are now reaping the benefit! You look great and I'm sure you feel great as well. Glad to have you as one of my friends!
  • graham713
    graham713 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look amazing!
  • cottagegirl71
    cottagegirl71 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    amazing - congrats :)
  • NekoneMeowMixx
    NekoneMeowMixx Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! Absolutely amazing, and just goes to show how much support means when you're trying to lose weight. This has definitely inspired me to get started and really stick with the Beach Body T25 routine! I'm nervous, but I'm ready! I don't have as much weight to lose as I do just inches, so I'm worried the lack of instant gratification when I step on the scale will be a little discouraging, but you've made me wanna power through it! :D
  • GummyHuman
    GummyHuman Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Complete and total awesomeness.
  • LydiaKO
    LydiaKO Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Adding you now! This is so similar to me it's frightening! I'm 5 feet at 145 right now. My goal is 128! Congrats! You give me so much hope! :)
  • judyamk
    judyamk Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Yeah you!!! awesome. I have 29 pounds to lose I was 170 never in my entire life was I that big. I am 5 feet 4 in I was always under 124 now I am this. I am 166 I am now committed , I am so happy for you ,& I know your feeling of getting there, because I was 140 & lost 10 pounds and felt so so good years back. I know I am going to get where I want to be, I am going to have this fat rolling off me like butter on a hot ear of corn in July !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Judy
  • EvanElric
    EvanElric Posts: 34
    Options
    :o You look awesome. Well done!
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Congrats! :drinker:
  • driii123
    driii123 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome! Congrats!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!