Fitbit query

Options
I bought a Fitbit One because I thought it would help me inderstand and record my exercise-food eaten calories better. But it jasn't.

Today I am Confused.com. Wondering why my exercise doesn't count against my calorie allowance? I did an almost 300 calorie run and have been on my feet all day and no exercise allowance from Fitbit? My exercise calories are showing as a - That doesnt make sense as I have now, according to MFP, eaten over my allowance when actually it balances it out.

How can that be? Advice welcomed!

Replies

• marcyj
    marcyj Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I would need to look at your diary to say for sure, but it is possible that you have your activity level on mfp set too high. If you are not as active as you said you were, then fitbit will take calories away to balance out your intake/output!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    You need to go to Apps on mfp , then find fitbit there, and connect it to mfp.
  • mootscat
    mootscat Posts: 14
    Options
    Did you set it up together? It doesn't just happen. Also check your setting in MFP to make sure you have it activated.
  • angenrod
    angenrod Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi all, I'm new to this fitbit flex that i bought today. I have linked the fitbit with MFP and i just went for a 3.4km walk in the HEAT and according to STRAVA (which is another app i use to work out how many calories i have burnt) i have burnt 384 calories BUT accoding to fitbit i have burnt 52???? I'm dripping in sweat (sorry for any visuals your having) and there is no way i only burnt 52 calories...so how do i know if its working properly??? So confused here :/
  • elizamc
    elizamc Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Yes that might be it, I have now set my activity level to sedentary so will see how that goes. Mind MFP still gives me the same 1200 calorie allowance...
  • elizamc
    elizamc Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Angenrod, have you set your stride in Fitbit? I discovered yesterday that we have to do that. Go to settings in fitbit.com.