Is 1,000 calories too little???

Options
I've eaten only a 1,000 calories today and I'm not hungry any more and it's 8:30pm already... is that too few calories?? should i force myself to eat a little more??

I generally try and eat an average of 1,500 calories... I'm 5'11" and my diary is open... any feedback or suggestions are welcome..

Replies

• Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Once in a while it isn't going to hurt you, but I wouldn't make a habit of it.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    One day...no big deal. Just don't make a habit of it.
  • KaysKidz
    KaysKidz Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I've eaten only a 1,000 calories today and I'm not hungry any more and it's 8:30pm already... is that too few calories?? should i force myself to eat a little more??

I generally try and eat an average of 1,500 calories... I'm 5'11" and my diary is open... any feedback or suggestions are welcome..

This is me to a T today. I am also 5'11"!! I average 1200-1400 a day and today I hit 1056? My son is making a smoothie right now, and while it sounds scrumptious, I am being good and drinking my water. Too late in the day for me to have calories.
  • noor_v
    noor_v Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of maybe drinking some milk or having cereal.... it'll help me get calcium, plus I'll still be able to save a couple hundred calories atleast...
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I think the very fact you are asking this means that on some level you know its wrong. Yes, you should eat more than 1000 calories a day.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

This is me to a T today. I am also 5'11"!! I average 1200-1400 a day and today I hit 1056? My son is making a smoothie right now, and while it sounds scrumptious, I am being good and drinking my water. Too late in the day for me to have calories.

Why.....?

If you're XXX calories under your goal at 11pm, you can have XXX calories, go to bed, and be fine.
  • cally69
    cally69 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    It's ok if you use your calories over the week and eat them at a time when you could use them more. If you think of your calories as a weekly budget, then you are able to save them. Likewise, if you go over one day, you can make it up before the week is out.
    The phone app shows your calories over the week which is very helpful if you choose this method.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,220 Member
    Options

There is no such thing as too late in the day to take in calories as long as you don't go over your calorie goal or if you have acid reflux. Other than that, eat whenever you want, it will not make any difference to weight loss.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    One day is not an issue; I've had days where I have eaten less than that -- after oral surgery. As others have indicated, you don't want it to be a lifestyle...
  • KaysKidz
    KaysKidz Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I do not want to start habit of snacking at night "just because I can". I am not hungry, so why eat? Lots of things sound delish, even when not hungry, doesn't mean you should eat them!
  • noor_v
    noor_v Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I do not want to start habit of snacking at night "just because I can". I am not hungry, so why eat? Lots of things sound delish, even when not hungry, doesn't mean you should eat them!

Agreed!!!!
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

Agreed!!!!

I'm sorry but if you've only had 1000 calories today then eating another meal isn't "snacking" its dinner, a dinner you should probably eat.

Do it once no you won't harm yourself but if you justify this as being okay and then repeat it over and over again then yeah eventually you are going to do yourself harm. Best to understand that eating less than your target is not a good thing.