Am i eating enough?

Options
Am i eating enough?
I dont eat much compared to others, but thats because im never hungry. I dont starve myself, i just dont eat a lot. I calculated the calories i have in an average day and its around 1200. I eat really healthy though, so none of it is carbs or sugar, just fruits, veggies, yogurt and fish, and oatmeal and nuts. i eat a lot of walnuts and dry roasted edamame. I feel dizzy and anxious/depressed a lot, so is it because of my diet? I do about 30 minutes of pilates/calisthenics 6 days a week every morning and drink a lot of water.

Replies

• wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    Fruits, yogurt, and oatmeal have sugars and carbs
  • camithecutiee
    Options
    I meant unhealthy sugars and carbs, like chocolate, pizza, ice cream
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    are you netting 1200 or just eating to 1200 and then exercising?

and a lot of the foods you listed contained sugar in them.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I meant unhealthy sugars and carbs, like chocolate, pizza, ice cream

sugar is sugar …your body breaks it all down the same.

what is bad about pizza, chocolate, and ice cream?

I eat ice cream every night and maintain 12% body fat...
  • camithecutiee
    Options
    im just eating to 1200 then exercising. im not counting calories burned because its hard to determine how many ive burned that day.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    im just eating to 1200 then exercising. im not counting calories burned because its hard to determine how many ive burned that day.

then you are probably netting below 1200 which in the long run is not the best strategy ..

if you are feeling anxious/dizzy a lot then try eating a extra 100 a day ….or 1300 daily to account for a portion of your burns...
  • kayla_who
    kayla_who Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Obviously you are not eating enough. I pass out if I go too long without eating. Starts with dizziness then tunnel vision, cold sweats and BAM I hit the floor.
  • Kotuliak
    Kotuliak Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Obviously you are not eating enough. I pass out if I go too long without eating. Starts with dizziness then tunnel vision, cold sweats and BAM I hit the floor.
    Never had that experience. I guess I eat too much rather than not enough...
  • kayla_who
    Options
    One more thing...

Since you posted this is the 'Maintaining Weight' section I'm assuming you are not trying to lose weight, yes? 1200 calories would be below your BMR so you are not properly fueling your body for maintenance. You should figure out your TDEE and aim for that.
  • SuziQGettinFit
    Options

then you are probably netting below 1200 which in the long run is not the best strategy ..

if you are feeling anxious/dizzy a lot then try eating a extra 100 a day ….or 1300 daily to account for a portion of your burns...

I agree - just try eating a bit more - add some healthy fat perhaps and 1300 calories may be just right for your activity level. You shouldn't be dizzy - could mean undernourishment I would think.
  • kayla_who
    Options
    Never had that experience. I guess I eat too much rather than not enough...

It's because my blood sugar drops. Tends to happen when I'm sick (i.e virus, strep throat) and not eating properly.
  • camithecutiee
    Options
    thanks everyone. no im not trying to lose weight. does anyone have any healthy foods to up my caloric intake? i was thinking avocado, but i get sick of them pretty fast. id prefer it to be something easy
  • kayla_who
    Options
    apple and peanut butter, salad with regular dressing instead of light, whole milk, etc.

snoop some diaries and see what you like
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone. no im not trying to lose weight. does anyone have any healthy foods to up my caloric intake? i was thinking avocado, but i get sick of them pretty fast. id prefer it to be something easy

Ice cream, cheese, nuts,
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    beans, rice, bread, pasta...the list goes on and on....