When do you workout?

Options

Replies

• marecoff
    marecoff Posts: 3
    Options
    Immediately after the kids leave for school, usually around 9:15.
  • FitnessLover001
    FitnessLover001 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Anywhere between the hours or 5:30am-8:30am. Wake up and do the grind! I've found it's so much easier waking up and getting my workout complete,and then going on about the rest of my day!
  • missyahall2
    missyahall2 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    My sleeping pattern is all out of whack so I usually get up around 3 or 4am and can't get back to sleep. So, I do my workout at that time. Puts me right back to bed.
  • xenoa
    xenoa Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    When I work mornings, usually around 6 PM, when I work afternoons it's around 10 AM.
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    between 2 and 5 am...
  • GI_John_RN
    GI_John_RN Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I work out whenever it's convenient. I figure the important thing is that I'm working out.
  • dortilolma
    dortilolma Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning - get out of bed and go for a run.
  • mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Prefer to work out in mornings. If can't whenever I can fit it in
  • butlersoft
    butlersoft Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Up at 05:45 on Monday / Wednesday and Friday ..... a small breakfast and then I'm at the gym and on the treadmill for around 06:40am.

Start with a 5km run (sometimes a little more) ... then move to arms and upper body weights .... 8-10 mins on the cross trainer and then a final 1km cool down on the treadmill again.

That takes me anywhere from an hour to an hour and a quarter with a calorie burn of 800-1000 calories

(244lbs / 180cm tall).

Weekends ..... 1 long run at 7am on a Saturday of around 12 miles .... then sleep for most of the rest of the day :-)
  • MissxAsh
    MissxAsh Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I workout at the end of my day. I am not a morning person! I'm grumpy when I wake and can't seem to find the motivation to workout so early. Doing it this way, I can also view my intake and burn any unwanted calories that day. Just doing what works for me :)
  • chrisram88
    chrisram88 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Since I work night shift, I usually wake up round 12pm-1:30. Head straight to the gym right after that. So ill say 2pm ish
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    at about 8pm.. It's when it's busy, but not too busy, and all the douche bags have left, yet people that are serious about gym are still there.
  • catcalledjinx
    Options
    Never.....that's right, I don't! Life keeps me busy and active :) Gyms depress me :(
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Depends on the workout. I lift weights after getting off of work, so about 7:30 in the morning (I work third shift). I run after waking up about 2 hours after breakfast, so usually around 5 or 6 in the evening.
  • 12pillows
    12pillows Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Depends on what shift I'm working. My workout days are Monday-Thursday mandatory, and optional Friday.
    If I'm working 12pm or later I'll go in the morning, or if I start before noon I'll go about 6-7pm. If I'm not working at all I'll go about 2pm.
    I find my work out is much easier if I go later on in the day, but sometimes it just makes sense to go earlier. I do love finishing work and just being able to come home and not have to worry about needing to go to the gym!
  • lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Completely depends on my work schedule and also my OH's work schedule as he works shifts.

At the moment, I walk the dog between 6am and 7am every morning,
    Monday I do weights around 3pm
    Tuesday, run at 6.30pm
    Wednesday, weights at 11am
    Thursday, run at 6.30pm
    Friday - Rest Day
    Saturday - Run at 9am, Weights around 2pm
    Sunday - Run whenever I can fit it in
  • lorika55
    lorika55 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning, anytime from 6-8 am. Get it over & done!
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Late evening, usually 8 or 9 pm.
  • robcha01
    robcha01 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Monday - Friday: 3am 40-50 min cardio, 3pm 75 - 90 min weights
    Saturday: Anytime in the morning with weights
    Sunday: 8am with weights/cardio or rest day
  • MrGumbOoO
    MrGumbOoO Posts: 10
    Options
    45 mins a day somwhere between 2pm and 4pm on the wii fit.