What is something filling but healthy to eat for breakfast?

Options
124»

Replies

• JeepBaja
    JeepBaja Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Well it was filling for me but I doubt healthy... Sugar free Rockstar and Ding Dongs. It's Saturday, it's been a hell week and at least I did my 4 mile walk with the stop at 7-11 this morning!
  • tmpayton
    tmpayton Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup egg whites with onions & peppers, 2 slices Wonder smart wheat bread, slice of jalepeno cheddar cheese, oh and black coffee. several cups...:)
  • shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    lol, I had white bean chicken chili this morning, home made of course
  • anna6000
    anna6000 Posts: 2
    Options
    Eat what appeals to you. I'm a savoury person so for a change from the usual fruit/yogurt or oatmeal or other cereals I make pearl barley (which I LOVE!) and add a bunch of cooked veggies (onion, peppers, mushrooms, frozen peas). Add some salt/pepper/garlic powder/ cayenne and all you need to do is microwave a bowl for breakfast. I make a batch of it and eat it all week or you can freeze it in Ziploc baggies if you don't want to eat it everyday. The barley is high in fibre and the whole thing is low fat.

I do the same with quinoa - cook up a big batch and add veggies to it or if you want something sweet, add dried cranberries, slivered almonds, a drizzle of honey. With a glass of OJ it'll keep you full. Great for vegetarians too.
  • letgo79
    letgo79 Posts: 25
    Options
    Thank you all for sharing your favorite filling and healthy ideas for breakfast. So many possibilities and great recipes...I love it! No more boring breakfasts for me!!!! ;)
  • letgo79
    letgo79 Posts: 25
    Options
    Thank you, everything you mentioned sounds healthy and yummy! I will try it...
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    nomorebingesgirl2014 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ilovecakes
    ilovecakes Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Banana pancakes!
    2 eggs + 1 banana + cinnamon

Beat the crap out of the two eggs,

In a seperate bowl mush the banana up

Add the cinnamon to the banana

Lob in the eggs and give it a good mix

Then pop on the pan (sprayed with a little lo cal oil) and pour the mix on but in small portions about the size of the palm of your hand but no bigger as they will be difficult to flip

You can make about 6 or more little pancakes depending on your sizing and they are really filling. I have mine with some fruit on the side and a little bit of maple syrup
  • britkneemeyer
    britkneemeyer Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I take half an avocado, fill the hole where the pit was with salsa, cover it with some cooked egg white, put some shredded cheese on top, and broil it until it melts. Super yummy.

Or for something sweet, a rice cake with peanut butter, topped with raisins or something like chocolate covered goji berries, maybe some shredded coconut.

Also, I love grilling up some polenta. It goes with literally everything - omelets, fruit, bacon, sausage. I made a southwest egg white omelet yesterday with bell peppers and some cheese, topped that with salsa, and covered the polenta slices with some black eyed peas and hot sauce. So good.
    I'm trying that avocado idea tomorrow morning! yum!
    In the morning i like spinach feta egg wraps, peanut butter toast and fruit.
    I really feel like my breakfast is better if i eat more protein. When i eat something low protein i'm hungry a couple hours later. Cereal is pretty much a no go for me for breakfast because im too hungry too quick after it. I could eat 10 bowls of cereal and be only semi full lol ,although i love it.
  • Mechatronik
    Options
    Bacon.
  • Frood42
    Frood42 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I like to go for a 20mile bike ride on my way into work (I commute by bicycle), so I tend to go for something high calorie.

Milkshake and a Sausage Sandwich usually fills me up :tongue:

Don't know how many would consider that "healthly", but I don't really care, I need the boost as I won't have had anything to eat since dinner the night before :grumble:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    right now I'm eating curry for breakfast. Lamb, spinach and brussel sprout rogan josh. I made it just now. 532 calories.

yes I know it's 11am in my timezone and that's a little bit late for breakfast, but I don't care because curry.
  • IronPhyllida
    IronPhyllida Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs and mushrooms. Although when in full training mode it's toast and nutella. Burns off soon enough!!
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I had turkey patty and artichoke this AM... "breakfast" food is so boring :)
  • sandrac148
    sandrac148 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love toasted english muffins with almond butter...:smile:
  • zemmy
    zemmy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like scrambled eggs or eggs over medium, sprinkled with chia seeds, followed by a big bunch of water. If there's time, I like to sautee up some mushrooms and zucchini in a little bit of coconut oil and turmeric (turmeric suppresses obesinogenic gut-bacteria and is tasty and pretty - can't lose). I raise my own eggs & they're ultra tasty, so I'm not sure if I'd be as satisfied with this if I went with store-bought. sometimes, I'll sprinkle with a little bit of parm.

Or, breakfast smoothies - I do homemade yogurt made from raw milk, so it's full-fat (but grass-fed so lots of CLAs), so about a half-cup of that, half a banana, half a scoop of vanilla protein powder and a half-cup of wild blueberries. Blueberries are high in phenolic compounds so promote healthy gut bacteria while suppressing harmful bacteria. When I do it, I make wholes of everything and split the result with my son who loves it too... I don't keep half-bananas around. Oh, and a tbsp of flaxseedmeal. Super yum. And surprisingly filling!

I target about 250cal for breakfast.
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I have a 2 egg omelette with red, green, yellow peppers and it fills me up. Screw egg whites, eat the whole egg!