Getting rid of..uh hem...CELLULITE.

Options
Okay, so when I gained weight, like a lot of people I got cellulite. The problem is, is that mine is BAD. My butt and upper part of my theighs look like they have sucken holes in them. It makes me feel digusting. I was just wondering if once anyone here had lost a higher number of weight, if it went away. I'm exercising as well....

Replies

• saldbl
    Options
    it didn't disappear but looks a lot better when you have good muscles underneath to control how your skin drapes.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Cellulite is just fat, plan and simple. When you lose fat your cellulite will disappear, because it is just fat that sits right beneath your skin. Workout at least six days a week if you want to see a change in your body, 4-5 if you want to improve your fitness, 2-3 days a week if you want to maintain your current physique.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Okay, so when I gained weight, like a lot of people I got cellulite. The problem is, is that mine is BAD. My butt and upper part of my theighs look like they have sucken holes in them. It makes me feel digusting. I was just wondering if once anyone here had lost a higher number of weight, if it went away. I'm exercising as well....

I have one very noticeable dimple in my butt, I hope it goes away. Think of them as battle wounds! I also heard that REDUCING SODIUM works really well.
  • rmerchand
    Options
    I believe if you do more strength training you will see the cellulite shrink and even disappear. If you are doing elliptical (which I recommend - burns the most calories) make sure your resistance is pretty high up and to really push back into your butt. So 30 minutes at the highest resistance you can go. This has really helped me:)
  • millermichellelea
    Options

I have one very noticeable dimple in my butt, I hope it goes away. Think of them as battle wounds! I also heard that REDUCING SODIUM works really well.

I have been on low sodium and it has made a huge difference in my cellulite speed bumps! They were getting horrible!!! Now I can actually wear skinny jeans without you being able to see the bumps through them.
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Cellulite is just fat, plan and simple. When you lose fat your cellulite will disappear, because it is just fat that sits right beneath your skin. Workout at least six days a week if you want to see a change in your body, 4-5 if you want to improve your fitness, 2-3 days a week if you want to maintain your current physique.

^ this ..I've lost 83lbs so far and along with it, my cellulite. Make your calories quality and workout. It will go away if you're dedicated.
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    In addition to what everyone else said, massage therapy helps too as you are doing all the other things necessary to reduce the cellulite.
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the great advice and the success you have had! It's good to hear that there is hope to getting rid of this stuff, lol. I'd love to be able to wear a swimming suit this summer without total embarrassment :)
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Dry brushing is a homeopathic form to lessen the appearance of cellulite. I follow Ann Louise Gittleman's ideas in the Fat Flush for Life book. You may also consider CLA as a supplement.
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    http://www.getridofthings.com/get-rid-of-cellulite.htm

I google everythin' that I don't know - check this website out...best wishes xo
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    http://www.getridofthings.com/get-rid-of-cellulite.htm

I google everythin' that I don't know - check this website out...best wishes xo

This is an informative article but I have to disagree with the information on massage. A component of cellulite is inflammation. This inflammation is caused by poor circulation in the area where it accumulates. Massage helps to stimulate circulation and promotes lymphatic drainage. It is absolutely NOT necessary to pummel the tissue and the effects are NOT short lived. However, it helps to have regular massages (about one a month) because the processes that cause the cellulite to form are ongoing until the fat mass is reduced.