Can't figure out how many calories...

Options
I buy Foster Farms boneless skinless chicken breasts that come in packages with two breasts each. (I get them from Costco.) It says that a serving size is 4 oz, but it just says servings per container vary and I have no idea what 4 oz of chicken looks like. The most reasonable assumption to me would be that each breast is one serving, but then they would just put "2 servings per container." If I eat one of the two breasts in the package, how many servings is that?

Replies

• TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    You could always weigh it if you want to be exact, but a chicken breast is usually 2-3 servings depending on the size of the chicken. 3 ounces is considered to be about the size of a deck of cards, so you can estimate that 4 decks of cards would equal 3 of the 4 ounce servings listed on the package.
  • JustForMe27
    Options
    How much does the package of chicken weigh? If its a lb then there are 4 servings (16 oz in a lb). I just use that as a base a work it out from there since I haven't gotten a kitchen scale yet.
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Generally speaking, I estimate a cooked chicken breast to be 4 oz. I have a food scale and I used to meticulously measure out everything, but 99% of the time a chicken breast is 4 oz for me, with the brand I use.