I'm so off my game...

Options
I went from going to the gym every day to only going a few times a week and I've been eating like crap... I need motivation! I need to get back on my routine and make it happen for myself, but I feel like all of a sudden my mojo is just gone...

Replies

• CalamaD
    CalamaD Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I am in the same boat and am desperate to get back to my healthy self. I think it may be time for a 'no excuses' intervention. Start small to build back up to where you were. Maybe just try to get to the gym 3xs/week for a few weeks and hopefully that will reignite that desire. The food issue is a tough one. I'm back to counting every calorie that I consume in order to be highly aware of my intake. Some days are better than others, but you have to start somewhere..... right? Good luck and remind yourself daily that you deserve to be the best you that you can be! Good luck!
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I went from going to the gym every day to only going a few times a week and I've been eating like crap... I need motivation! I need to get back on my routine and make it happen for myself, but I feel like all of a sudden my mojo is just gone...

Hang a picture on the mirror. Next get a jar, then every day you go to the gym, put a dollar in it. After 3 months you'll have roughly $90 to buy some new clothes for your body which will have transformed. :-D

You have motivation or you wouldn't have posted here. Now you just need some willpower. Remember the hardest step in the gym, is the step to go into the gym. Force yourself on that step and it'll get easier!
  • KaelaLee88
    KaelaLee88 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    It's so easy to burn-out when trying to make a lot of changes and then to feel de-motivated when boredom or exhaustion sets in.

We all go through this at some point and it's hard to get back on track, but it is possible :-)

Can I suggest perhaps take a week or two off intense, gym going everyday activities and really reconnect with your food and calorie allowance. Look about for low calorie, fast alternatives to calorie dense foods and take a moment to remember where you were at the beginning of your weight loss journey and why you started.

I honestly believe that what you need is to be kind to yourself and not to get stuck in a cycle of guilt or shame about your choices. Take an indulgent bath, treat yourself to a swim and a steam/sauna afterward, take a nature walk, speak about your feelings and choices with a close friend or have a low calorie meal out.

We all slip, we're not perfect and we lose heart. Remember, failing isn't the falling down, it's the staying down x
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    It is tough when that happens.....try to strong together a few small victories and a few good days.

Once you build a little momentum that momentum can carry you back into a better routine.

One day at a time!
  • Thank you all for the well wishes and fantastic ideas!
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    You got this.. Look at the frog on your ticker, he's almost got the flower!