I can't stop taking pics - 24lbs and 24% there

Options
madDino27
madDino27 Posts: 19 Member
I think the picture will explain better than I will. I'm six foot and gained 100lbs to after getting married after several bouts of depression that had me over eating and basically locking myself inside the house. I finally started getting treatment and suddenly I was able to get out of the house easily and to try new things and make a real commitment to better myself, emotionally, spiritually, educationally, and physically. What started out as a local challenge to lose 10lbs in 30 days turned into calorie counting every day and signing up for an Irish dance class for the first time since college. I never would have had the courage to just show up for a class where I knew I was the outsider being 10 years older and at least half a foot taller than all the other students. It may just be exercising one day a week, but it's my favorite day of the week.

I've also been taking photos at the beginning of each month so I can see the difference even though I didn't do it the first month cuz I wasn't sure I'd stick with it. I saw a weight loss GIF once and it got stuck in my mind that I want to be able to do that too. It's fun to see how much better my clothes fit and where I'm losing weight and seeing that even a relatively small amount of weight can change how I look all over.

BkLfX_kCYAAbcDL.jpg

Replies

• ezloshead
    ezloshead Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    You're looking good!! If you told me to guess how much weight you lost i would say fifty. Your body is changing so much! Stick with it! I wanna see another one of these a few months from now.
  • pkoll
    pkoll Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Definitely a difference in those pictures. You are doing well!
  • Blokeypoo
    Blokeypoo Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    There is a huge change - well done and good for you! :o)
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Looking great!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Doing great!
  • mum23
    mum23 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    That change is amazing. x
  • TINAHUNTER1969
    TINAHUNTER1969 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Amazing difference, you are doing so well - congratulations :flowerforyou: x
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    wow. That is awesome work. Always nice to see success.
  • judyamk
    judyamk Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    wow good job!!!! Keep us posted. I was in my forties always wanted to do ballet & tap dance since I was 5 years old. I signed up for a class and had a blast. at the age of 42.Everyone welcomed me ,they were adult classes. We even had a big recital at the high school with a filled audience. Every woman in the class was a dancer in tap & ballet since childhood. They thought it was amazing that I wanted my dream to come true. The instructor even kept me after class to have me practice with her the steps.
    I will never be a professional, but the night up on stage I felt like a star!!!! I always wanted to play piano since childhood. my husband bought me one and I took lessons for years. I wanted to go to Israel since I was 7 years old. My pastor and his wife went, I remember looking up at him and saying when I get big I am going. I grew up and my husband knew my dream to go, I went to Israel ,Greece and Jordan. I was scared to death to fly, I went my husband would not go on a plane or out of our country,but he so wanted my dream to come true. I got to call the pastor that long a go as a little girl I wanted to go to Israel,he was s happy for me.
    So no matter how old we are we still can make our dreams come true. I married at 34 and have a fantastic husband and marriage. he has made all my dreams come true. I never ever wanted to marry because of my parents divorce it devastated me all those years. When I met GARY i knew he was just for me.
    So make more dreams come true!!!1
    Judy
  • SCSTWG
    SCSTWG Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Good work. You can definitely see the progress.
  • madDino27
    madDino27 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    wow good job!!!! Keep us posted. I was in my forties always wanted to do ballet & tap dance since I was 5 years old. I signed up for a class and had a blast. at the age of 42.Everyone welcomed me ,they were adult classes. We even had a big recital at the high school with a filled audience. Every woman in the class was a dancer in tap & ballet since childhood. They thought it was amazing that I wanted my dream to come true. The instructor even kept me after class to have me practice with her the steps.
    I will never be a professional, but the night up on stage I felt like a star!!!! I always wanted to play piano since childhood. my husband bought me one and I took lessons for years. I wanted to go to Israel since I was 7 years old. My pastor and his wife went, I remember looking up at him and saying when I get big I am going. I grew up and my husband knew my dream to go, I went to Israel ,Greece and Jordan. I was scared to death to fly, I went my husband would not go on a plane or out of our country,but he so wanted my dream to come true. I got to call the pastor that long a go as a little girl I wanted to go to Israel,he was s happy for me.
    So no matter how old we are we still can make our dreams come true. I married at 34 and have a fantastic husband and marriage. he has made all my dreams come true. I never ever wanted to marry because of my parents divorce it devastated me all those years. When I met GARY i knew he was just for me.
    So make more dreams come true!!!1
    Judy

Thank you so much. I'm glad I'm not the only one doing things entirely out of my comfort zone and having a blast. I like that I'm not in an adult class cuz I love interacting with young children. They are so full of energy, but sometimes that energy is a bit overwhelming as I can barely make it through dance class and they are still running around in circles afterwards.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!