Remembering

Options
Sometimes I get down on my, I feel like I'm not lifting as heavy as I should, or just not seeing the results as fast as I want. And I'm pretty sure that we all go thru this. I decided 5 years ago to have a healthier lifestyle and to become a man I could be proud of. Now I'm far from my goal but last night when I was looking at some old pics of me I realized just how far I have came. As you can see the differences in my profile picture. 5 years ago I weighed around 145lbs, and could barely bench my body weight. Today I'm 215lbs can rep out 225lbs on flat bench 21 times and have a max bench of 375lbs. And I sure each and every one of you have similar milestones that you have reached on your journey. SO I SAY TODAY WE BE HAPPY OF WHO WE ARE, WE BE PROUD OF ACCOMPLISHMENTS, AND WE CELEBRATE THE VICTORIES YET TO COME

Replies

• purple180
    purple180 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Yes! Well said. It is so easy to think of where we want to be but we forget about how far we have come. Great job, Gman.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    I love this...and it's so true! People in my real life often ask me what keeps me going and I tell them that all I have to do is look at my progress pics.....I never want to go back to the way I was before.
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Love this! You said exactly what so many needed to hear! Me, especially today. In 2012, I hit my goal of 30 lbs down, and I've been creeping back up ever since. But I keep at it! I keep mixing up my workouts, trying to perfect my nutrition, etc. Weight isn't coming off, but when I think about the workouts I can do now compared to when I started in 2012, I have to give myself some credit. Running? Never would have done that! Insanity???? NEVER! So even though my backwards momentum with my weight is annoying, I'm still getting stronger and fitter every day. Thanks for this, GMan!
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Respect. It's good to remind ourselves how far we've come.
  • Gman1973
    Gman1973 Posts: 103
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    love this! I was just saying the other day, i wish i could remember how i felt 100 pounds heavier so it would motivate me to stay on top of my new lifestyle. how hard it was to tie my shoes (preferred slip ons) not finding clothes to fit and those that did, ugh! ugly. not fitting into booths, airplane seats, and just general fatigue.

I remember, but it seems like I am looking at someone else's life.
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Great post GMan! Remembering is very important.
  • Gman1973
    Options
    love this! I was just saying the other day, i wish i could remember how i felt 100 pounds heavier so it would motivate me to stay on top of my new lifestyle. how hard it was to tie my shoes (preferred slip ons) not finding clothes to fit and those that did, ugh! ugly. not fitting into booths, airplane seats, and just general fatigue.

I remember, but it seems like I am looking at someone else's life.
    this is just amazing
  • Chimis_Siq
    Chimis_Siq Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing! I think sometimes we dont give ourselves alot of credit. That is a BIG accomplishment.

I saw this last night. 12 months ago I had surgery to remove a tumor from my left hand. My hand was literally cut open , veins, arteries moved, tumor removed, and tendon repairs had to be done. I went to sleep not knowing if I would have a finger when I would awake. Well I awoke to find I did..and the pain and rehab was 3x a week for months was unbearable. I couldnt move my hand-strict orders. I was told 2 yrs to gain 100% normalcy. I gained weight and still couldnt function properly. We dont realize how much our limbs mean to us until we no longer have them...

I started cardio at the gym without using one hand. For 9.5 months I got better...

Long story short.....last night I was doing 30 day shred (after 9.5 months of ONLY cardio due to still no use of my hand -dr orders) Well 30 day shred is doing dumbbells while squatting and some cardio and pushups. They do 3-5 lb weights in the video. I did 10 lb dumbbells last night -and survived. For me this was amazing. From going to a tumor to now lifting 10 lbs and a modified pushup.....Ive come far-even if IM not lifting 100 lbs lol :) for me the 10 lbs represent strength .
  • Gman1973
    Options
    @chimis amazing story you have a lot to be proud of
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing! I think sometimes we dont give ourselves alot of credit. That is a BIG accomplishment.

I saw this last night. 12 months ago I had surgery to remove a tumor from my left hand. My hand was literally cut open , veins, arteries moved, tumor removed, and tendon repairs had to be done. I went to sleep not knowing if I would have a finger when I would awake. Well I awoke to find I did..and the pain and rehab was 3x a week for months was unbearable. I couldnt move my hand-strict orders. I was told 2 yrs to gain 100% normalcy. I gained weight and still couldnt function properly. We dont realize how much our limbs mean to us until we no longer have them...

I started cardio at the gym without using one hand. For 9.5 months I got better...

Long story short.....last night I was doing 30 day shred (after 9.5 months of ONLY cardio due to still no use of my hand -dr orders) Well 30 day shred is doing dumbbells while squatting and some cardio and pushups. They do 3-5 lb weights in the video. I did 10 lb dumbbells last night -and survived. For me this was amazing. From going to a tumor to now lifting 10 lbs and a modified pushup.....Ive come far-even if IM not lifting 100 lbs lol :) for me the 10 lbs represent strength .

FTW! Nice work! Perseverance and determination at its finest!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!