How do you log P90X or 30 day shred in "my exercise"??

mmellor
mmellor Posts: 146
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi Everyone,

Fairly new to MFP and can't figure out how to log P90X program under "track exercise" It seems I can only find traditional cardio?? What am I doing wrong???

Thanks for any help on this!

Replies

• I go to "add my own excercise" and then put in the name of the dvd that I am doing and then enter the calories from my heart rate monitor.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,760 Member
    I don't know about P90X, but I log 30 Day Shred under circut training.
  • That is becuase it does not exist in their database. You have to create the exercise. Wear a heart rate montir to figure out how many calories you are burning the go in and create the routine. example. I burn around 500 cals doing Kenpo X so I go in and create "P90X - Kenpo X" 60 mins 500 cals. Then the next time you log it will be there. :)
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    I don't know about P90X, but I log 30 Day Shred under circut training.

+1 on the shred.
  • nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    I go to "add my own excercise" and then put in the name of the dvd that I am doing and then enter the calories from my heart rate monitor.

I do this also. It's nice to be able to look back in my diary to see exactly what I did instead of a generic catch-all
  • mmellor
    mmellor Posts: 146
    Thanks Everyone!!! I dont' know why I didn't think of using my heart monitor...this really helps!!!
  • MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member
    I log it under circuit training but adjust the calories burned to what my hrm says. It is usually pretty close to what mfp says. Good luck!
  • SarahElittlebit
    SarahElittlebit Posts: 66 Member
    Looks like I need to get a heart rate monitor. Any suggestions?
  • MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member
    I love my polar f6!!
  • nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    i have a polar f11 and love it!
  • Does anyone know how many calories are burned doing Cardio X? My HRM doesn't show me calories burned. I weigh about 126. Thanks for the help!
This discussion has been closed.