Hey MFP!

Options
Recently got back into the groove of MFP, trying to get my life on the right track to become the best me.That being said:

Hi! I'm Julia!

I not only just moved to Florida of all places but I was accepted to nursing school and will start in April. I am so excited to finally be living my dream of becoming a nurse but I really feel that at the size I am I won't be taken seriously as a chubby person. I have started and stopped my weight loss journey but this time it really hit home, I finally saw that my weight is effecting more than just my looks it can also make my journey in school harder and the job its self harder.. I want/need a change and I'm on my way to do it..

I have a lot of weight to lose and I know it's going to be hard and it's not going to come off over night but you know I'm up for the fight!

Any tips, encouragement and friends are welcomed!

Replies

• GIA4FITNESS
    Options
    Hi neighbor! I'm in FL too. Congrats on getting into school!
  • aprilw2222
    aprilw2222 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo!! You go girl!! Add me to your friends and I will cheer you on as long as you do the same for me.
  • julieriser
    julieriser Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey! and Thanks! I've worked really hard to get into school and now I'm working really hard to get into some smaller pants lol
  • struggletodiet
    struggletodiet Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi Congrats on the getting your dream, motivation comes from a supporting group of friends that give you motivation and help on your journey. (feel free to add me)
  • shaylalaine
    shaylalaine Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am in Florida too, Daytona. I have not set my goal as far out as I should have, I will have so much more to lose.
  • faerytale
    faerytale Posts: 17
    Options
    Congrats on making it into nursing school! I have 2 friends that finished (maile & female) and they seem quite happy living their dreams :) Don't let your weight get in the way of your dreams, you can definitely take control of it!

Sending an FR your way :) (I also have quite a bit to lose: 80-100#)
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Central Floridian here. Feel free to add me. :)
  • RTrigger91
    RTrigger91 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    hey im getting back in to MFP as well and congrats on the school. Im hoping to make my dream come true when i propose to my better half,

add me any one who need support :)