How I Met Your Mother Finale...*Spoilers*

Options

Replies

• MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Never watched the show.
    Only the Finale

I felt it was a crappy way to end the story of the mother.....

I am thinking I didn't miss much by never having watched the show.
    No no! The show is epic! Definitely worth watching, but you have to start from the beginning.

After what they did to me with LOST
    I am hesitant to get heavily involved in a show now.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Never watched the show.
    Only the Finale

I felt it was a crappy way to end the story of the mother.....

I am thinking I didn't miss much by never having watched the show.
    No no! The show is epic! Definitely worth watching, but you have to start from the beginning.

The HIMYM ending is a bit of a disappointment, but nowhere near as bad as what Lost did. And the ride with HIMYM is worth it. It really is a great show.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    Ok, I may give it a shot.
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    One word: lame.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options

This!
  • MityMax96
    Options

This!

You got into LOST??
    Prolly not as much as me.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    LOST was my favorite show ever. Until the end, after all those promises from the writers. Grrr.
  • Orion782
    Orion782 Posts: 391
    Options
    A friend posted an NPR article about it on FB yesterday that I thought was a great explanation about why the ending spoiled the series. If anyone's interested:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/monkeysee/2014/04/01/297675381/oh-mother-an-awful-end-to-a-long-love-story

Awesome, awesome read. Pretty much nailed everything I'm thinking...
  • MityMax96
    Options
    LOST was my favorite show ever. Until the end, after all those promises from the writers. Grrr.

Yeah, they really screwed us over...

Man I spent so much time on forums and dissecting every little thing on that show
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Ok, I may give it a shot.

I recommend it. You and I have discussed our Lost heartbreak, and this is nothing like that. It's a light hearted comedy, no mysteries to solve.

Except for the pineapple. Which, like Lost, never was answered.
    Damnit! I want to know about the pineapple!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    that show was even still on?
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I liked it, I enjoyed how they jumped around in the years to show the group becoming distant.. as most of us probably know that is how life goes..

But if you think about it, why would Ted sit down with his kids and talk about how he met their mother if she wasn't already gone at the beginning.. cause normally you would know growing up cause both parents would be explaining it.. not just in 1 story time when they were teenagers..

There are far worse endings.. but this show was definitely worth the watch as its got some great moments and definitely funnier than a lot of shows on tv.

As for the spinoff.. that will probably fail pretty quick.
  • ImpishVanity
    ImpishVanity Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I never watched LOST lol.

The How I met your Mother finale was so disappointing to me. Ted and Robin didn't even make sense anymore as a couple. And they just.... glossed over all of Ted and Tracy just about and after an ENTIRE SEASON of buildup for Barney and Robin's wedding it's just over in the next episode with no real explanation other than she travels a lot. Which, honestly if that is ALL it takes for Robin to call a MARRIAGE quits - she is unworthy of Ted. She isn't going to work through things? She's going to remain so uncompromising?
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    It made me hope that Ted was killed in a drive-by shooting; humanity would be better off without Mosby. It really cemented what a self-centered whiny little 'bish boy Ted is, and has been the entire series.

Leaving half-way through the wedding reception, and hauling the wedding party outside to make it yet again about him? Then, just because... he decides not to leave, nor let anyone know that he's stayed? He's the bride at every wedding, the corpse at every funeral... He's non-committal, and then blames fate or others when he takes zero action to better his own life.

Ted is a loser, the kids would have been better off if he'd been the one to "get sick".
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    What did you think? I'm not sure how I feel. I almost think they just put a twist in there just for the sake of a twist. I guess the only way Barney could still remain Barney is if he got divorced from Robin. But the show is 'How I Met Your Mother' and not 'How I Was Married to Your Mother for a While Until She Died, Then I Went After Aunt Robin.' A little disappointed. How bout you?

I'm happy that Ted ended up with Robin! I just wish that Robin was their mother, but she'll be a great step-mom!