Orange Theory

Options
Yoles79
Yoles79 Posts: 36 Member
I have been doing Orange Theory for three weeks now and I love it. I get a full body workout in an hour and I have started seeing results. Has anyone else have results they like to share just so I can be a little more motivated.

Replies

• LAnne16
    LAnne16 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I applied for a job at Orange Theory... It seems really cool and the requirement for employees is to do at least 2 workouts there a week. I didn't get it so I can't say if it's good but it seems to be. Congrats on loving it... That's awesome :)
  • Yoles79
    Yoles79 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thank you LAnne16. It is really good. Its addicting.
  • DosEquisToGo
    Options
    LAnne16 - I hope you don't get discouraged and try again. It looks like a really cool place to work. I have joined my local orangetheory. We actually don't start until April 2nd. I need a good work out place like that - I don't push myself hard enough when I'm working out by myself. I'll either sink or swim - hopefully swim! I need to not be intimidated by being around "fit" people and try my best to get in shape. It seems like a simple concept - I'm hoping I will enjoy it as much as I think I will. Or I will die trying . . when I went to sign up I asked the guy if they had a defibrilator on site - they do! hahaha
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I love it. I've lost an unexpected 5 pounds in 6 months but have continued to lower my body fat and increase my fitness level which is really my goal.

I've increased everything...

Base pace - from 4.5 when I started to 5.5mph
    Push pace - from 6.0 to 7.5 for pushes under 2 minutes and 7.0 for pushes over 2 minutes
    All out pace - from 7.5 to at least 9.0, sometimes 9.5 for the quicker all outs
    Rowing - from 150 meters in 1 minute to 250-275 meters in 1 minute
    Weights - at least 5 pounds more for every exercise since I started

There are people there at all levels, and the hope is, the more you do it, the higher your level becomes (which is definitely the case for me). I've always said "I'm just not a runner" but after doing this kind of running (intervals mostly), I find I'm actually pretty good at it.

And I love that you wear an HRM that shows you how many calories you burn. I usually burn between 500-650 per class. I take 5-6 classes per week.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!