Kickboxing and Losing Weight

Options
I have been doing an hour of in class kickboxing approx 3 times per week and I log everything I eat into my food journal...the odd time I go over by just a little bit but most of the time I stay within my range and try different foods...I have lost 6lbs in 3.5 weeks. This week I haven't lost anything so am feeling a bit discouraged. My question is because I am doing kickboxing and building muscles that I have never had before...could it be that the scale isn't going down because I am building muscle and muscle weighs more than fat? I really want to lose 7 more pounds (especially around my belly) is there anything I can do or should be doing?

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    it's all about your diet.

kickboxing is a great work out, and if you enjoy it, keep it up. that being said, you are probably not building an overly considerable amount of muscle in kickboxing.

also, something else that might be causing you not to lose weight... it's something that happens to women every 4 weeks or so...
  • lorigrocks
    lorigrocks Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Lol thanks...I do love kickboxing and do plan on keeping it up :smile:
    As for that time of the month...you could be right...I had to skip my workout during that time but still managed to not give in to the junk food cravings!
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    The weight will come off. Kickboxing is a cardio workout and if you are seeing muscle its cause you are toning and getting leaner.
    BTW, a pound is a pound whether or not its muscle or fat. A pound of either still weighs a pound. :)
  • piccola1406
    piccola1406 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've also just started to count my calories as well as (re)started kickboxing again this week.
    I hope I can lose as much as you have :)
  • lorigrocks
    lorigrocks Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I've also just started to count my calories as well as (re)started kickboxing again this week.
    I hope I can lose as much as you have :)
    That is awesome...it's great to see someone on here that is doing something similar to what I am doing :-) I am fairly new to kickboxing have never done it before until a month ago and I have to admit it is the best workout I have ever gotten (I have tried aerobics, went to Curves and tried the weights, bikes etc. All the best to you on your journey...hopefully I see you on here more often :-)