Zombies, Run! App

Options

Replies

• nurssassy
    nurssassy Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I usually use Runkeeper but I decided to try the Zombies, Run! app yesterday and today. Although the story was fun and had my husband laughing ( especially when I yelled out "woohoo I've got a baseball bat and pants!") it didn't keep track of miles.
    Is there a way to get it to keep track of miles like Runkeeper does?
  • seksikissa
    seksikissa Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I decided to give the 5K version a try. It's fun!
  • bogden78
    bogden78 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I did the 5k version and am now on the regular run app and love them!!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I have it for my Android and the only thing I hate is that I can't get it to play a playlist of songs. Stupid phone.
    Create a playlist in your phnoe's music player and it should list it - I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and that works for me.
  • Bj0223
    Bj0223 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I love this app! I run more because I want to know what happens next. Oh, and I feel like a hero. I feel like I save the world everyday before work, makes me happy.
  • redwoodkestrel
    redwoodkestrel Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I usually use Runkeeper but I decided to try the Zombies, Run! app yesterday and today. Although the story was fun and had my husband laughing ( especially when I yelled out "woohoo I've got a baseball bat and pants!") it didn't keep track of miles.

Make sure you check the box to have your GPS enabled - I'm assuming that's how it keeps track of distance.
  • nurssassy
    nurssassy Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion. I will give that a try over the weekend.
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded the smaller version of this. The 5k one? I have never been a runner, but the past few weeks I have really wanted to try it out. I thought having this app might help. It starts you out slow, for beginners I guess.
  • paperfiish
    paperfiish Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Another Runner 5 here! Ok, more like a Quick-walking 5, but working on it :) I LOVE this app, probably a little too much. Ahhhh Able... Sam... everyone...It's just so great <3
  • therealkat
    therealkat Posts: 53 Member
    Options

Make sure you check the box to have your GPS enabled - I'm assuming that's how it keeps track of distance.

Also, the GPS only works with something that has internal GPS (sounds silly to mention). My iPod does not have a GPS, so it couldn't track my distance. Once I switched to using the app on my phone, this was resolved.
  • cerumens
    cerumens Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Quick question? Can multiple users use this app on a single device? Can it be set up so that my husband can use the phone with this app for his run and I use it later for mine or do we need to buy it for separate devices?
  • nad825
    nad825 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I used to run, but I stopped and now I'm doing T25, so I haven't really tried to get back into it. This app sounds amazing! I'm obsessed with The Walking Dead, Warm Bodies, and other zombie fics. Do you recommend the regular app for someone getting back into running? I'd imagine I'd be slow to start for a while.
  • therealkat
    Options
    I used to run, but I stopped and now I'm doing T25, so I haven't really tried to get back into it. This app sounds amazing! I'm obsessed with The Walking Dead, Warm Bodies, and other zombie fics. Do you recommend the regular app for someone getting back into running? I'd imagine I'd be slow to start for a while.

If you're a huge Walking Dead fan, you'll love this. I don't think you have to unless you want to build up to a 5k. I have btoh. I turned off Zombie Chases for me unless I am on a treadmill. I get too winded doing HIIT right now, so I just run adn walk as much as I need to!
  • therealkat
    Options
    Quick question? Can multiple users use this app on a single device? Can it be set up so that my husband can use the phone with this app for his run and I use it later for mine or do we need to buy it for separate devices?

I believe you can just go in and sign out and sign back in as the other user?
  • cerumens
    cerumens Posts: 45 Member
    Options

Thanks! Didn't want to buy it multiple times :)
  • jess_blonde
    jess_blonde Posts: 229 Member
    Options

Thanks! Didn't want to buy it multiple times :)

The newest version allows you to add new players! I just discovered that today as I was perusing the new app (I *just* updated to the most recent, I'd been putting it off so the new update wouldn't ruin the ending of season one).
  • carencae
    carencae Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    is this something I can do on an elliptical while I wait for the weather to get decent?
  • pinkslamminade
    pinkslamminade Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Download Winamp (free) and make a playlist on there. Did the trick for me!
  • jess_blonde
    jess_blonde Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    is this something I can do on an elliptical while I wait for the weather to get decent?

Sure is! I've been using mine on the treadmill waiting for the snow to melt, I just switch off the GPS and accelerometer functions :)
  • notinthisgalaxy
    notinthisgalaxy Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have it for my Android and the only thing I hate is that I can't get it to play a playlist of songs. Stupid phone.

the only thing that worked for me was the Amazon MP3 player. I made a playlist in there and it finally picked it up. You just have to go through the different music players in your phone and one should work. Took three tries for me unfortunately.