Workout shoes?

Options
What brand of shoes is best for working out? Im planning a getting a good quality of shoes for my workouts but not sure what brand is best. i have never workout or tried to losse weight before so this is all new to me. I did some research and the best one so far seem to be NB.

Replies

• patio1313
    patio1313 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    i love my new balances
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I love my New Balances as well..and something else I have found..I bought one pair for running, and one tennis shoe.. definitely a huge difference on the treadmill than other activities. Make sure you get the correct shoe for what you do, makes a huge difference!!
  • ElizabethSami
    Options
    I love my New Balances as well..and something else I have found..I bought one pair for running, and one tennis shoe.. definitely a huge difference on the treadmill than other activities. Make sure you get the correct shoe for what you do, makes a huge difference!!
    Yes this is something i was not to sure about. I plan on working out most of the time at home doing dvd's etc, so which shoes would i fall under Running or Toning?
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    it depends on your foot and how you walk more so than the type of work out that you are doing...i recommend going to an athletic shoe store and getting fitted. I wear mizunos because I have really high arches.
  • lordofultima
    Options
    I use my Adidas classics for everything. No arch in the shoe, not a lot of grip or support...so what! It's a shoe.
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I use the elliptical and treadmill daily (jogging mostly). I love my underarmor's- but my hubby just got me a pair of asics running shoes that are so light - you can't even tell you're wearing shoes!
  • HollyMac20
    HollyMac20 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    What you are going to do for activity makes a huge difference in what you should get for a shoe. If you are going to be running, then def get a running shoe. New Balance makes great running shoes (and are made 20 minutes from my house!). If you are going to be doing aerobics classes, kick boxing or any other exercise that involves side to side movement or jumpling; look for a cross training shoe. Each show is made to stabilize your movement differently.

Good luck in your new adventure!!!
  • lordofultima
    Options
    I've been thinking about getting into those "barely shoes" things for running, where it almost feels like running barefoot. I'll wait until spring obviously, but yeah.
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I really like my underarmour shoes. They have like a mesh part on the toe area so you're feet don't get sooo hot! I have really high arches, so no tennis shoes work for me unless I put fake arches in.
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    What you are going to do for activity makes a huge difference in what you should get for a shoe. If you are going to be running, then def get a running shoe. New Balance makes great running shoes (and are made 20 minutes from my house!). If you are going to be doing aerobics classes, kick boxing or any other exercise that involves side to side movement or jumpling; look for a cross training shoe. Each show is made to stabilize your movement differently.

Good luck in your new adventure!!!

+1

Any activity other than running in running shoes is a recipe for a rolled ankle.
  • katiefores
    Options
    I used to use NB then switched to Asics.. I will never buy anything else! They are so light, and the sole has gel in it so I never have pain in my knees or hips after running. I suggest going somewhere that guarantees their sales- I got mine at Nordstrom and they gladly exchanged my NB for Asics!
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about getting into those "barely shoes" things for running, where it almost feels like running barefoot. I'll wait until spring obviously, but yeah.

Vibrams? My friend LOVES hers! She uses them for hiking, mainly though. She also stated that it took some time to get used to them.
  • fasttrack27
    Options
    Nike Dart 8 fits me better than anything else I can find (high arches, wide width). And it happens to be pretty inexpensive ($50). Lucky me! I use them for a little of everything (I'm not a distance runner). Like other said, try a bunch on and you'll find quickly what fits you well. Have a pair of Asics - they are fine I guess but dont fit me quite as well.
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I usually get any asics on offer (more expensive ones if i've read reviews etc) for almost everything, and nike musique for zumba cause it doesnt have a large grip and they are light.
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I Love Love LOVE Nike Easytones, They are very cushiony and you can do a run comfortably and all kinds of aerobics. I've tried the sketchers shape ups as well and all you can really do in those is walk. The Nike Easytones are very pricey but i don't think i could live without them ever again.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I love my Montrails and Tevas for trail running, for the gym I have a few pairs...Ryka, NB, and Montrail.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options

Vibrams? My friend LOVES hers! She uses them for hiking, mainly though. She also stated that it took some time to get used to them.

FYI: if you are not used to being barefoot...do not buy the five fingers or anything similar. Your body needs to be in pretty good shape. You have to remember that all your leg muscles are connected in your feet, you could easily tear your muscles and tendons if you are not used to barefoot running. Look into it first...lots of research, talk to professionals, read up on the subject.
  • mafery
    mafery Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I am a runner and have tried a few pairs, UA was okay, but I Love love love my asics and I get them at Kohls and they even take them for returns after being worn if they do not work out.
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    It depends on what you are doing....for Zumba and other dancing I use converse, lots of jumping & movement I have reebok running tones, running I use vibram :)

If you looking for a running/jogging shoe I recommend being fitted at a running store!