Meal and Exercise Planning.. What's the deal?

Options
Ok, so the internet is just so darn confusing. I'm a female trying to lose about 10 lbs. Mostly just want to rid myself of the "fluffiness" in my mid section and thighs. Worst thing, you can't target your weight/fat loss... With that being said and slightly ignored, what is the best meal and exercise plan for someone like me? So many questions, a million different answers...

1) is it better to do cardio in the morning or evening?
2) cardio, weights or HIIT? Or, which combination?
3) should I be working out once or twice a day? How many days a week?
4) when is it best to eat which foods (ie carbs, proteins, fats...)?

Thanks for all the help! Also, feel free to add me as a friend

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Exercise timing doesn't matter - workout whenever you want
    As it sounds more like you need to firm up and not necessarily lose weight, I'd suggest focusing more on weight training with some cardio mixed in.
    No need to workout twice a day. You can work out 5-6 days a week (rest is important too) for 30-60 minutes and see progress
    Meal timing doesn't matter.

FYI, you should only be set to lose 1/2 a pound per week and you should eat back at least half of your exercise calories.
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    it is all trial and error. To start off on figuring out your calories I would be a good idea to go on the calculators and calculate your bmr and eat at least that a day plus the calories you burn through exercise. if you don't already own a food scale i would suggest getting one. they aren't too expensive and it is a real eye opener to see the proper serving size.

for exercising i would suggest following a strength training program like new rules of lifting for women, starting strength, stronglifts. you don't have to do cardio to lose weight you just need a caloric deficit. though cardio is good for your health and it does help give you a calorie deficit.

but like i said it is all trial and error determining what will work best for you. good luck

also check out this link it has a lot of great information

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?hl=guide+to+sexy+pants