Cinzetti's ... HELP!

Options
So we are going to Cinzetti's tonight and I have worked my day to save as many calories as I can because I have heard that it is awesome but any ideas on not completely blowing myself off track?

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Stick with veggie dishes and baked fish!!!! Otherwise, I would completely avoid the pasta. Way too many carbs.
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Not sure what's on the menu, but at Italian restaurants, I usually get a meat with a side of veggies (like for ex., chicken piccata or marsala with a side of sauteed spinach). Can't go wrong with that. Also, some appetizers can work as a meal - for ex, mussels with a side salad.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Note of caution: Be very careful about veggies... or anything for that matter coming from a restaurant. I went to Bertucci's one time and thought I was getting something healthy (roasted tuscan vegetables) and was mortified by the fat content (27g) when I got home and checked it out. The only reason that I checked it out afterwards is because the veggies looked oily.

Moral of the story: Check out their website beforehand to plan ahead and if they dont have a website, make sure that you know how they are preparing your food.
  • mathdanse
    mathdanse Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am going there for a work luncheon tomorrow, and I cannot find any nutritional information on there items. Did any of you find a nutrition fact sheet for this place?
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Shrimp and fish are my go-to (I hate salmon, though.) Otherwise, pasta with a big salad so I mostly eat the salad. Avoid cream and butter sauces if you want to stay under calorie goal.

But it also wouldn't hurt to just let yourself have what you want once in awhile. One meal won't make you fat OR skinny.
  • superlilmomma
    Options
    Drank a full glass of water before u leave and then right when u get their and watch the appetizers