First day running

Options
2»

Replies

• mgpearce4
    mgpearce4 Posts: 71
    Options
    I just started back. From my experience, pacing is everything. Don't try to run too fast! I thought, "Okay, I should be going at a 12 minute mile, or and 11 minute mile"...don't! Run the speed you're most comfy with.
  • amycuz14
    amycuz14 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Good for you for getting out there!!!! I hear you, I was so self concious when I started - I still am sometimes. But I remind myself that I'm running for ME, not them, and what they think isn't on me.

I have Runkeeper on my phone, and it tells me how my intervals are doing and if I'm ahead or behind my average and my best time. I have it set to tell me every half kilometre how I am doing. It motivates me, my goal is always to try to beat my last time, even if it's by a second. I'm my own competition that way!

Seriously, starting is the hardest part. I hated running when I started, and you know, somedays I still do. But when I hear that voice in my ear (the app, not the crazy voice LOL!), telling me I've beat my best time, there's a high right there!
  • britt7797
    britt7797 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    A little update! I have still been running! At least a few times a week. Still not too long at a time but i find myself running longer and longer each time, need less or shorter breaks in between my jogging! I have a sunburn from being out today... I'm gonna rock this sunburn soo good! Thank you all for the support and kind words! Its all been amazing advice