Dinner idea help??

Options
Hi trying to lose weight and cook for a family, they are burnt out on itallian and mexican...we don't eat fish.....any recipe suggestions? Have to have chicken or meat each meal or my husband will flip, lol thanks!

Replies

• jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    cut up a ton of fresh veggies, chicken breast and stirfry with some Mrs. Dash Vegetable seasoning. Filling and delicious. If you are not carb sensitive serve over rice,
  • Michellekutz1
    Options
    Sounds great thanks!
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I don't eat seafood either - so I end up cooking chicken most of the time. A new favorite quickie "recipe" is using TJ's Many Clove Garlic sauce - I sautee some chicken, then throw the sauce in and let it simmer for about 10 minutes. A couple min before its done I throw in mushrooms and capers. I've eaten it over rice or pasta, its delicious!

I also cook a LOT of Asian food and I love this blog, especially her Viet lemongrass chicken: http://rasamalaysia.com/. Also am obsessed with Dragon Noodles from Budget Bytes - I sautee some chicken and veggies in garlic separately and throw them in at the end with the sauce. Also stir fries are great, I use chicken and different veggies and experiment with making my own sauces.
  • ToughMudderAddict
    ToughMudderAddict Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Check out www.skinnytaste.com they have some tasty and good for you stuff!
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for dinner ideas too...just get burned out of the same thing, but then again I like simple
  • fbanki
    fbanki Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I made this the other night:

California Chicken Salad

4 Servings

Ingredients:

454 g (raw wt, 16 oz) chicken breast, boneless, skinless

1 fruit avocado, ripe, diced

1.5 fruit mango, raw

2 tbsp chopped onion, red

6 cup chopped lettuce, green leaf or romaine

2 tbsp olive oil

2 tbsp vinegar, balsamic

1 dash black pepper

Directions:

1. Cut chicken in pieces and grill or pan-fry. While cooking, add a dash of black pepper. Cook on medium-high

heat until the internal temperature of the chicken is 165F.

2. Whisk vinaigrette ingredients (oil, vinegar, pepper) and set aside.

3. Toss avocado, mango, chicken and red onion together.

4. Fill a large salad platter with lettuce or greens and divide on 4 small dishes; top with chicken/avocado

mixture and drizzle the dressing on top.

Server with some Whole wheat Pita bread. :D
  • bestmeicanbe1
    bestmeicanbe1 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I use Hungry Girl recipes. hungry-girl.com
    You get to eat the food you love just healthier versions.
  • MD1978
    MD1978 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    www.emilybites.com also has some great recipes...
  • swissbrit
    swissbrit Posts: 201
    Options
  • Turkey or chicken meatloaf is fantastic, low fat, and low cal:

Instead of fatty ground beef or Chuck, buy the ground poultry of choice, mix in your normal chopped veg (standard recipes call for onions and peppers), and egg (i use egg whites only to save on calories).

Put the mixture in your container (since you feed a family, I'd use a baking dish but if your recipe is just for yourself, use a muffin tin for individual portions).

Top with your choice of sauce (I use the old fashioned standard of ketchup and a little mustard to make it stretch without adding extra cals but some people like bbq sauce).

Bake at 350 for eh... 45 to an hour uncovered and voila!

Meatloaf without all that grease in the bottom of the dish.

Banana peanut butter milkshake for dessert:

Freeze peeled banana chunks ahead of time.

In a blender, add the frozen banana, little bit of peanut butter (or pb2 powder), and some unsweetened almond milk and bam!

Low calorie, protein filled, creamy dessert.

Chicken cordon bleu:

Butterfly your raw chicken breast (cut in half most of the way through).

Insert lean ham and low fat Swiss cheese....

Bake covered (important to maintain juiciness) at 400 for about an hour (juices should be clear).

I got a ton of recipes girlfriend!
    If you want to share our keep chit chatting, feel free to friend me. I'm pretty active and supportive on here.