Healthy Foods/Meals

Options
I am just looking for some of the best simplest recipes and food ideas that are healthy.
I don't eat meat, cept maybe some fish. I do love vegetables and am always looking for new ways to cook them. Normally I take whatever veggie I have and sautee them in olive oil. I also love eggs if those are healthy for you. Ha. Is it still okay to use olive oil or should I not use anything. I also use garlic on everything, hope thats okay.

Anyway just looking for some nice fast recipes and ideas to get me started on constantly eating healthy. Also if you know any good healthy food blogs or tumblrs or anything that'd be nice to know as well.

Replies

• meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I like roasting my veggies in the oven and mixing them in with pasta- and beans if you are looking for protein sources?.

Also pretty much any veggie/veggie combo you can blend or puree makes a great soup.

"OK" is really relative to you.
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I like roasting my veggies in the oven and mixing them in with pasta- and beans if you are looking for protein sources?.

Also pretty much any veggie/veggie combo you can blend or puree makes a great soup.

"OK" is really relative to you.

I agree with roasting veggies! I roast all my veggies broccolli, cauliflower, carrots, squash, onions, mushooms, and my personal favorite right now are brussel sprouts. I do all them the same way, drizzle with EVOO, spinkle just a dash of salt and pepper then place on a cookie sheet in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes or so. I like mine to get a little brown and crispy!
  • Caffeinewitch
    Caffeinewitch Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    The best snack I have anytime of the day is a hard boiled egg.

Also, Butternut sqush soup made at home in the crockpot is suuuuper tastey and souper good for you! =)

Would you like the recipe?

EDIT: D'oh! Missed part of the post, here's the recipe:

Butternut Squash - 1 squash, peeled, de-seeded, cut into 2 inch cubes
    1 sweet onion - peeled, diced
    Chicken broth
    Add to taste:
    Ground ginger
    garlic powder
    salt
    pepper
    brown sugar
    Add all ingredients to crockpot, pouring in enough chicken broth to fill it to the top, mix, set on low for 8 to 10 hours (while you're away at work, shopping, etc.)

Using a strainer spoon, put solid ingredients into blender, blend until smooth, return to soup.

Serve with a tablespoon of light sour cream. Dig in! This is enough to serve 6 people (about) I have yet to see if it freezes well (gets eaten too quick!) but it keeps well in the fridge in an airtight container for about a week.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    I would like the butternut squash soup recipe!
  • Caffeinewitch
    Caffeinewitch Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Lol see above =)
  • Baby_Belles
    Options
    Oh what a yummy idea thank you! I have always just sauteed mine but that seems delicious too!

And I'm excited to try the squash recipe as well! I am always looking for new ideas to eat healthy! I just made lentil soup with veggis and that was delicious, don't know how healthy it was but still delicious. :)