so much candy...

Options
So I'm working on a big project/test for work that decides whether I get my letters in the next 3 months (been working towards this for 6 years) and saying that omg I'm old and this has been a long time.

Anyway, I realized I had been putting this off the last month & a half b/c when I'm under pressure like this I either go in one of two ways: eat nothing/little, or buy lots of junk and eat that. And I was really focused on my diet since the end of January.

Now, I'm done Friday afternoon no matter what (unless god forbid I have to take this again) but I'm having trouble staying away from sweets! (and I generally don't eat much sugar just b/c I never crave it). Tonight alone I've eaten nearly 1000 calories in sugar. Chocolate/Peanutbutter eggs, dove carmel/chocolate, oatmeal creme pies, carmel chews...

So eat whatever for 3 days and then get back on track? Or try and stop myself now?

( TMI but I'm a little early for that time of the month (13 days), however I was late last month (7 days), so maybe early this time? idk, if that's a part of this or not)

Replies

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I would stop yourself now, or you are just going to potentially get into a habit where any stress in your life, leads to the same situation.
    Also, what are oatmeal creme pies ?
  • krennie8
    krennie8 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I would stop yourself now, or you are just going to potentially get into a habit where any stress in your life, leads to the same situation.

that was my feeling too....oy...this is why i should never buy candy.

Oatmeal Creme Pies are made by Little Debbie, basically just 2 oatmeal cookies (very soft ones & probably little oatmeal tbh) with creme in between them. Good but pure sugar.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am bad with sugar too. I am just exiting two days of horrific chocolate eating, and I tend to want to get back on course as quickly as possible. Remember, you can eat a pound worth of chocolate and junk very easily in an hour or so, but it can take a week to get that pound off again. Obviously it does not always work exactly that way as many believe you do not absorb every calorie during a big overeating session, but it is better to be safe than sorry. Get rid of that stuff, or at least hide it away for now, and get some carrots and hummus instead, or fruits or plain old almonds or a good bowl of comforting oatmeal.
  • MissLeelooDallas
    MissLeelooDallas Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I agree. Best to stop yourself now before it really gets out of hand. I'd buy some 'small' treats just to stop you from binging later and work those into your calories. Instead of eating 5 different kinds of treats, eat 1.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options

14996401_201311062003.jpg

little pillows of heaven.
  • L1zzydarcy
    L1zzydarcy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I address a chocolate craving with chocolate milk. It's sweet, but it takes me longer to consume than a piece of candy. Plus, there is some fat and protein.

Another trick that has worked for me is to tell myself that I can have ___ in 10 minutes if I still want it. Usually I forget about it for longer than that, and if necessary I repeat the same process from there.

Good luck.
  • tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    Options

These are not allowed in my house because I cannot stop at one. So, so, good. :sad:
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

These are not allowed in my house because I cannot stop at one. So, so, good. :sad:
    My son rode his bike to the store yesterday and bought a box of those. Little stinker offered me one as soon as I got home. SABOTAGE!
  • tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    Options

My son rode his bike to the store yesterday and bought a box of those. Little stinker offered me one as soon as I got home. SABOTAGE!

I have to stop at the store later for some produce and all I will be thinking about now is these darn things.
  • paigecash
    paigecash Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I ate like a lunatic while I was studying for grad school exams, but that was for a six month period instead of three days. If you can stop yourself, do that. If you can't stop now, resolve to stop at the end of the three days. As soon as my exams were over I threw out all the crap and got serious. If I had tried to do that before hand and failed, I would have felt like a huge failure at a pretty crucial time in my career, so that would not have been good. Do what you need to do to focus finishing the end of your six year goal.
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Little Debbies Oatmeal cream....They are awesome...but stacked with sugar...
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I think it's kind and generous for son to share his cookie with u.
  • puckit61
    puckit61 Posts: 112 Member
    Options

I have to stop at the store later for some produce and all I will be thinking about now is these darn things.

I know this is completely irrelevant to OP, but am I the only one who thinks fudge rounds are better?