High gear

Options
Basically, I want to kick my fat loss into high gear.... Specially around my mid section. Does any one have any suggestions to help me lose another 15 pounds by the end of May ?! Thanks !

P.s. Feel free to check out my exercise and food diaries to see if you have any suggestions regarding the food I'm eating and my work out routines. Substitutions/add ins/take outs/new routines or anything that has helped you in your journey is greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    I don't know about losing 15 lbs. in a safe and healthy manner within one month. However, I think this link will help you get started with far less down time:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I don't know about losing 15 lbs. in a safe and healthy manner within one month. However, I think this link will help you get started with far less down time:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Just thought I'd point out, she did say the end of May....that's more than 1 month (59 days if I counted correctly, so almost 2 months but not quite). That being said, it is still almost a 2lb per week loss and there is a possibility that your body won't lose that fast since your not all that far away from your goal weight. (someone with 40lbs to lose is going to find it harder to maintain a 2lb per week loss than someone with 100+lbs to lose)

I do agree that the thread is a great place to start.

I personally wouldn't put a deadline on losing the weight, but that's just me. Fat around the mid section is usually the last to go.
  • ahuelsk12
    ahuelsk12 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replys everyone!! I appreciate your opinions and suggestions! I want to be safe and healthy about my weight loss and it's okay if it isn't exactly 15 pounds but I just feel as though I am working so hard and not seeing much of the results. It's somewhat frustrating and slowly draining my motivation. I was just hoping there was some one out there who could spot some issues in my diet or my work out plan and help me see more if the results I've been working so hard to get!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Take pictures and measurements. The scale isn't always a great way to judge progress.
  • blackgold86
    blackgold86 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Your diary doesn't seem to be open
  • ahuelsk12
    ahuelsk12 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I opened it I think!
  • blackgold86
    blackgold86 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    From my first glance, if you are logging correctly, eat more.

You are working your butt off with exercise but are not eating your exercise calories back.

Are you measuring everything?
  • AlwaysInMotion
    AlwaysInMotion Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    First off, nursing student?!?! You go, girl!!!!

I looked at your food and exercise logs. I don't have much to say about your food intake. I think it looks pretty good.

So, I'd suggest increasing your exercise...

1) Can you double your cardio? (I know your free time is basically non-existent right now, but if you have the time, it would help.) And make sure you are really challenging yourself on those machines. It's awfully easy to phone it in... (not saying you are!)

2) Consider trying to add some high intensity interval training (aka HIIT) or Tabata protocol (virtually same thing as HIIT) drills to your workouts. (Google the terms - workouts are everywhere including sites like fitness blender...) These workouts are calorie torches! Swear.

3) Do you have a heart rate monitor? Consider adding the HRM to your cardio workouts. Also look up HR-zone-based workouts for the equipment you use (elliptical, treadmill, bike, run...) This will help you increase and regulate your intensity.

Good luck!!! And get plenty o' sleep (mostly to keep yourself razor-sharp for the school/clinicals part...)... and for recovery, too!