Fell off the wagon then it ran me over...

Options
So, I am having the hardest time staying motivated and sticking to my diet. In the last day and a half, I think I've gained back the last ten pounds that I've lost, and all I want to eat is garbage. How does anyone stick to eating healthier when cake tastes so good??

Replies

• stefanienoel
    stefanienoel Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    So, I am having the hardest time staying motivated and sticking to my diet. In the last day and a half, I think I've gained back the last ten pounds that I've lost, and all I want to eat is garbage. How does anyone stick to eating healthier when cake tastes so good??
  • ladywalkalot
    ladywalkalot Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    it must be in the air......let's get up early tomorrow and kick start that wagon.....I'll be walking about 6am....
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    aw yes....that wagon has ran over me a few times too....:ohwell: ..........but what a great feeling when you finally catch that darn wagon climb back on and ride it again.....I know you guys can do it....I'm doing it now myself....fresh starts feel great!!! :drinker:

hugs!
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    darn wagon, I'm running after it right now...I just think I'm catching up to it and then it speeds up. I'm going to keep trying though.....
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    darn wagon, I'm running after it right now...I just think I'm catching up to it and then it speeds up. I'm going to keep trying though.....

*throwing Deanea a rope...* here ya go girl....just grab hold I'll pull ya on!!!:wink:
  • 2day4ever
    2day4ever Posts: 178
    Options
    Me too! I had been doing so well but just crashed and burned today. I did make myself (and I mean I FORCED myself) to get on the treadmill. I feel better now. Mapped out meals for tomorrow. That always helps.

I also changed my user name. I used to be "progress63" but felt I wasn't making any lately so I changed my name to "2day4ever" to remind myself I have to take today seriously so that I can do this forever.

SUCH a bummer when that wagon doesn't move the right direction. HEre's to new wheels for all of us!
    :flowerforyou:
  • mtapio
    mtapio Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I fell off the wagon last week and this weekend and it ran me over... drove ahead... and then the wagon backed up again! :explode: My head was about to explode... Something about a croissantwich and cheesy tots from Burger King are so damn good haha.

Kept going to the gym and planned out meals... but everyone falls off every once in awhile.
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to catch that wagon too since I got back from vacation. So far I've only managed to catch the breakfast wagon--I log in breakfast and then don't bother with the rest of the crummy day. But today that is ALL GOING TO CHANGE, RIGHT?!! :frown:
  • bellmom627
    bellmom627 Posts: 195
    Options
    GET THE CAKE OUT OF THE HOUSE!!!! It's like a bomb in there!
  • winglem
    winglem Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Of course cake tastes good that is why it deserves nothing better than your full uninterrupted attention. Give yourself permission to eat that cake just make sure you enjoy every single bite. Take time to smell it and feel it in your mouth. When you respect food is when it all comes together.
  • stefanienoel
    stefanienoel Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Funny thing is, I'm fine when I'm at home-I watch what I eat, I don't really snack, no soda, etc, but when I go to work, all bets are off. I work in a "food" office-everyone is always bringing things in and my desk is about 10 steps from the break room so every time someone cooks something, I smell it and want to eat. I think I just need better will power (or a set of nose-plugs)!
  • Emdicio
    Emdicio Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Maybe keep some strong mints (Altoids) at your desk and pop one when you feel the urge. Nothing tastes right after a strong mint/tooth brushing (and your breath is minty clean all day)! I have the reverse issue (food troubles at home) so I chew gum and keep busy as much as possible. If I'm sitting in a chair watching TV I want to snack; must avoid!

Fight the good fight......Mike
  • jakspak
    jakspak Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    wondering if you can incorperate into your calorie alowence a food that can sit at your desk in a draw that when you smell them cooking etc you grab that put them into serving lots ive done that with stuff drivided it all up and sealed the bags so not easy to just go in and grab. then if you dont eat them during the day take them off here and you have calories to spear. just a thought.
  • wantingwings
    Options
    what feel better? eating cake or staying on the wagon?

I usually have this conversation a couple times a day :huh: most of the time I decide the wagon feels better in the long run
  • deanea
    Options

*throwing Deanea a rope...* here ya go girl....just grab hold I'll pull ya on!!!:wink:

Thanks for the rope, I'm hanging on at least, can you help pull me in, I don't have the upper body strength yet. LOL
    Anne
  • ShellyBee
    ShellyBee Posts: 117
    Options
    I hven't fallen off the wagon food wise but my treadmill died and so I don't feel I am getting a good workout even though I am walking for an hour in the evenings w/ the family.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Get back up there girlie!!!

Make a tiny goal, post it, and work on it and check back with us in a few days!!! Just getting back here and keeping track is the hardest part! You can do it!!! :drinker:
  • deanea
    Options
    I've joined a post group "Generating Results" where we post our goals for the week and I've met my exersise goal two weeks in a row, so now I'm adding a food goal for next week too. I'm feeling a bit more in control....pulling myself up the rope....I can almost grab the wagon
    Anne