Workout recommendations, please!

Options
Does anyone have any workout dvds they could recommend? I can't afford P90X so that's out. The only time I can exercise is when my LO goes to bed in the evening. I only have yoga and pilates dvds at the moment, so I'm looking for something more cardio-focused. Thanks!

Replies

• ljbouse
    ljbouse Posts: 129
    Options
    i bought several different types of videos from walmart....walking with Leslie sansone, tae bo, biggest loser, the firm, 10 minute solution. these all run about $10.00 each.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Power 90 is cheaper than P90X and is a great alternative. I really liked it.
  • melliebee
    melliebee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam is awesome!

And I just found Chalean Extreme on kijiji.com for practically free! If you look on craigslist, you can always find people who gave up on their endeavors to work out.. and you can reap alllllll the benefits :)
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    billy banks tei-bo! LOVE IT.
  • abeautifulvoice
    Options
    Jillian Michaels-30 Day Shred is great! I also have The Biggest Loser Boot Camp, I LOVE it! :)
  • razzmahtazz
    razzmahtazz Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    The Leslie Sansone walking workouts are great and anyone can do them.
  • littlemamajamie
    littlemamajamie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Jillian Micheals is awesome!! I own a lot of her dvds and buy them at walmart or target for like $10 a piece. I always highly recommend her.
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Netflix!
  • mayclai
    Options
    Check out your "On-Demand" from your cable company. They have free excercise programs. They have a really good variety of workouts that you can try out. If you like them, you can go out and buy their DVD.

I like Body by Jake - Total X-treme Workout w/ Steve Maresca and his Total Ab workout is good too.
  • ChuckgM3
    ChuckgM3 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite things to do is just look for stuff on youtube... especially kettle bell work outs... seems like there are hundreds you can do with just 1 or 2 different $25 weights. (check a play it again sports for a cheap KB)
  • abtropix
    abtropix Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Slim in 6! Great workout and toning!
  • melody1126
    Options
    I highly reccomend anything from Jillian Michaels. I do 30 Day Shred and Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism. Each dvd is around $9. Best, inexpensive workouts you will ever own.
  • becomingsara
    Options
    I second the netflix idea...espeically if you already subscribe to it, you can stream workouts instantly right now (instant gratification:0) I love the 10 minute workouts,as you can do as little or as much as you would like. They have dancing, kickboxing (my fave) and toning.

Happy cardio!
    ~ Sara
  • tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I have some great DVDs from The Firm - Love them (most of them)! If you're interested, message me and I'll tell you my favs. I tried the 30DS and it wasn't enough cardio for me ..... I only mention that because you specifically said you're looking for cardio. Some may strongly disagree - just throwing my opinion out there :-)

If you're looking for videos, check out http://www.collagevideo.com/

It's a GREAT site site for workout videos cuz they do the videos and break them down for you by type, difficulty, etc. Plus there are tons of user reviews, but best of all, you get a preview of the video to see if it's what you're looking for.
  • collettemrk
    Options
    The Leslie Sansone walking workouts are great and anyone can do them.

I agree...Walking Away The Pounds Is Awesome!!
  • dancer77
    dancer77 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I love Tracy Anderson workouts. You can google her and she has a free 10min one on her website as well as dvds and a new book that I'm getting for Christmas :)
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    i'm a week into the 30day shred by jillian micheals...it's great because it's only 25mins so doesn't feel like too much of a challenge after a hard day dealing with the kids
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    Go to your local library - I like anything by Denise Austin.
  • Jessibear2854
    Jessibear2854 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Whoa thanks for all the responses! Love the craigslist idea :) I totally forgot about 30 Day Shred... I've been wanting to try that one for a while.
  • crystalroy
    crystalroy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    billy banks tei-bo! LOVE IT.

DITTO....what they said.