calorie question

Options
with my weight loss goals and my daily activity MFP says i should be eating about 1300 calories. of course when i exercise the number of calories goes up. so my question(s)... is it ok to have left over calories, which calorie count should i aim for- the 1300 or the 1300 plus exercise calories?

Replies

• Dare2BThin
    Dare2BThin Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    You should eat at least your 1300 and some of your exercise calories. But make sure you eat at least 1300 that should be a minimum
  • sweetie89207
    Options
    wow...there is a question for the masses...well half the ppl on here say eat it ALL...u need it...the other half of the ppl on here say dont each them all just eat half...and still others say they dont touch their exercise cals...SO- just see what works best for u...personally i will exercise if i know a big food day is coming, and if i am hungry and have the cals left over- i eat so im not hungry- if im not hungry and have cals left over- i let them slide- this way i feel im getting the best of both opinions lol...but its really up to u how u attack those cals
  • dancer77
    dancer77 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I let those extra calories burn the fat and don't eat them for the most part. That being said I don't think it would ruin your weight lose efforts if you did! Just be sure the numbers ring true. My calculator says I burn a ton of cals but I don't think the numbers are right on.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,989 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I eat some of my exercise calories every day (sometimes a few, sometimes a lot) and make sure that every bit of food I eat is nutrition dense and stay away from empty calories :bigsmile:
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I recommend reading this post.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo
    It really helped me when I was having trouble with this same question.
  • lilmom1
    Options
    Use a heart monitor with a chest strap if you can, it gives me much more accurate info, also I dont alway eat my xtra cals, but I do sometimes do what works best for you!
  • willimh
    willimh Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Lord, I have the same problem. Can someone help us?
  • ljbouse
    ljbouse Posts: 129
    Options
    Willimh...LOL...we have somegreat responses. hope they help us.

Thanks to everyone for the info.