90 Day Transformation

Options
I'm in the best shape of my life at age of 44. Never thought I would look better at 44 then 24. I reached an all time high in weight for me at 183 lbs right after Thanksgiving. I began working on getting back into shape. Lost a total of 18 lbs and built up lean muscle. Here's how I did it:

Exercise: Primarily weight training 5 days a week. Started out with light weight and high reps build up to moderately heavy weight. Find a good work out plan and work out all body parts upper and lower body. I cant max out as I workout alone during lunch hour. I also do 3-4 days of cardio usually elliptical machine 30 minutes..recently started running 20-30 minutes. I also have very active lifestyle as I coach youth football so I'm out on the field a lot running around with kids.

I use supplements for working out primarily NO xplode pre training workout, whey protein post training (Isopure good no carb brand) Recently use more and different products. From Omega 3 to ammino acids and daily mutlivitamins.

Diet: To start I did Atkins induction phase to burn off 12 lbs. Maintained a low carb high protein diet over the 90 days. Although had at least 1 cheat day a week and fell off the wagon a couple of times. Horrible sweet tooth and love my bread. Diet has been hardest part for me.

Motivation: Well shallow enough, vanity..like to look good, but love the health benefits and I feel great. Also have 2 teenage football playing sons to compete with and provide good example for, and lastly a beautiful wife who I recently started training to keep interested ; ) Now for the hard, part maintaining this over the long term.

7863c5f8-4cb6-4a94-ae9f-966a7902c9d6_zps41c36fd8.jpg?t=1395071118

86c092eb-60bf-4fb8-b5bf-23ab1b271910_zps2eddbc2d.jpg?t=1395071097

Replies

• Fabu_lass
    Fabu_lass Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    well done on your transformation, i can definitely see definition on your body, congrats
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    job well done.. waiting for the abs to pop soon!
  • eddiemac0
    Options
    Great Job man!
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    fist bump your way. great job man
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    To quote Mulan: "Oooh, nice, very nice! You can sit next to me! "

Congrats!
  • Day58
    Day58 Posts: 113
    Options
    WOW!!!!!!! what an awesome transformation! can't believe only 90 days! kudos to you
  • FitMommy_91
    FitMommy_91 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
  • cortezpj
    cortezpj Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Great job...congratulations!
  • angel5561
    angel5561 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Holy crap you did that in 90 days:noway: awesome job :drinker:
  • jeeplovin
    jeeplovin Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results! You look great.
  • BelindaComedy
    BelindaComedy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Looking great! Good job!
  • Mainesthai
    Mainesthai Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That's fabulous. Your hard work paid off. I'm working out 5 days a week (3 with weights and 2 doing cardio). I probably need to bump it up to see any results. Nutrition is definitely my hiccup. Atkins works for me, but screws with my digestive system. You've given me incentive to try it again - the results are impressive. Good luck with you health and fitness regimen. Hope to follow in your foot steps.
  • redontherun
    Options
    I'm in the best shape of my life at age of 44. Never thought I would look better at 44 then 24. I reached an all time high in weight for me at 183 lbs right after Thanksgiving. I began working on getting back into shape. Lost a total of 18 lbs and built up lean muscle. Here's how I did it:

Exercise: Primarily weight training 5 days a week. Started out with light weight and high reps build up to moderately heavy weight. Find a good work out plan and work out all body parts upper and lower body. I cant max out as I workout alone during lunch hour. I also do 3-4 days of cardio usually elliptical machine 30 minutes..recently started running 20-30 minutes. I also have very active lifestyle as I coach youth football so I'm out on the field a lot running around with kids.

I use supplements for working out primarily NO xplode pre training workout, whey protein post training (Isopure good no carb brand) Recently use more and different products. From Omega 3 to ammino acids and daily mutlivitamins.

Diet: To start I did Atkins induction phase to burn off 12 lbs. Maintained a low carb high protein diet over the 90 days. Although had at least 1 cheat day a week and fell off the wagon a couple of times. Horrible sweet tooth and love my bread. Diet has been hardest part for me.

Motivation: Well shallow enough, vanity..like to look good, but love the health benefits and I feel great. Also have 2 teenage football playing sons to compete with and provide good example for, and lastly a beautiful wife who I recently started training to keep interested ; ) Now for the hard, part maintaining this over the long term.

7863c5f8-4cb6-4a94-ae9f-966a7902c9d6_zps41c36fd8.jpg?t=1395071118

86c092eb-60bf-4fb8-b5bf-23ab1b271910_zps2eddbc2d.jpg?t=1395071097
    That's awesome but why are your tattoos on the wrong arm in the new photos and did you shave your chest too?
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    That's awesome but why are your tattoos on the wrong arm in the new photos and did you shave your chest too?
    One set of shot will have been taken in the mirror.

Great job on your transformation fella :drinker:
  • redontherun
    Options
    One set of shot will have been taken in the mirror.

Great job on your transformation fella :drinker:

Gotcha! Awesome job, what a change and great dedication!
  • KimiSteinbach
    KimiSteinbach Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! How many carbs do you consume a day at this point?
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Very nice. If I were single I ask you out :)
  • Flyingfree83
    Flyingfree83 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Great transformation!! Well done u. Should be really proud of yourself
  • pickered
    pickered Posts: 36
    Options
    hero status brother
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!