just a tip

Options
so sweets are things ppl have a hard time giving up including myself. Something you can try is when you have an urge for sweets eat a fruit or vege instead. continue doing that and after a while your cravings for sweets seem to disappear. I haven't tried it yet but I heard it works, which using this site i tend to eat less sweets just cuz i know it contains a lot of calories and i don't want to go over and have to eat less through out the day. I tend to eat things with fewer calories which allows me to eat more. just thought i would share this.

Replies

• ketagirl
    Options
    great tip
  • CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    great, thanks.:wink:
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Fitness magazine put it this way... ask yourself, should I eat an apple, would that be what I want right now? If the answer is yes, you are hungry. If the answer is no - you are probably dehydrated or in need of more fluids. Reach for water or something to drink at that time instead. I thought it was a great "out" for those moments.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    What I do when I have a craving like that is not substitute with another food, but I substitute with push-ups.

Sounds sadistic, doesn't it?

But I plan my meals to be the right amount of calories throughout the day that my body needs, and then I make my grocery list from those plans I made and buy ONLY that food. It saves on money, but it also prevents me from overeating since it just won't be there...and even an apple, as wonderful as they are, would cause me to go over by 100 calories and who knows how much sugar...

But if I drop down and do 10 push-ups, it gets my mind off food. And if don't, I do 10 more. I will get stronger chest and arm muscles in the process, and say bye-bye to the craving as well.

Might not work for everyone, but I figure I will get so tired of push-ups that Reese's will not enter my mind again, lol! :flowerforyou:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    What I do when I have a craving like that is not substitute with another food, but I substitute with push-ups.

Sounds sadistic, doesn't it?

But I plan my meals to be the right amount of calories throughout the day that my body needs, and then I make my grocery list from those plans I made and buy ONLY that food. It saves on money, but it also prevents me from overeating since it just won't be there...and even an apple, as wonderful as they are, would cause me to go over by 100 calories and who knows how much sugar...

But if I drop down and do 10 push-ups, it gets my mind off food. And if don't, I do 10 more. I will get stronger chest and arm muscles in the process, and say bye-bye to the craving as well.

Might not work for everyone, but I figure I will get so tired of push-ups that Reese's will not enter my mind again, lol! :flowerforyou:
    Love it!! What a healthy alternative:drinker: